Leveraging on its years of ECM expertise, IBM delivers IBM Content Foundation (ICF), a content management solution designed for small, medium, and large companies that need rapid deployment to reduce total cost of ownership and also need enterprise class capabilities such as scalability, security, and stability to deliver better control of all enterprise content.
ICF brings new ease-of-use capabilities that reduce cost and complexity, making ECM more accessible than ever before.
It is based on the world-class, industrial strength and proven technology of FileNet P8, but in a more affordable, more accessible, more consumable package…”The power of P8 made nimble and more affordable”
It also provides a cross-industry ECM solution for common document management, custom application development and ECM consolidation.
IBM Content Foundation provides:
- Custom application development APIs and tools to enable customers and business partners to customize Content Foundation solutions for their specific business needs.
- Extensive document management capabilities to support document and publication requirements whether they are small and simple or extremely large and complex.
- Platform consolidation capabilities to enable Content Foundation to manage content from multiple, disparate repositories.
- Social content management capabilities to bring the insight of social content to content managed by Content Foundation.
- Enterprise manageability and scalability to handle large content systems and help reduce total cost of ownership.
IBM Content Foundation includes following value-add components as non-chargeable, bundled components:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
- IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition
- IBM Content Navigator
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- IBM Content Integrator
- IBM Content Federation Services
- Integration for Microsoft Office
To know more about IBM Content Foundation click here