If I was a minstrel, I'd be writing a song about our most recent press release (yes, I still have Game of Thrones on my mind).
On Tuesday, IBM announced an exciting new offering in the mainframe portfolio.
- New z114 designed to consolidate workloads from hundreds of x86 servers
- Costs 25% less and offers up to 25% performance improvements over IBM z10 BC Servers
- High-end mainframe features now available at entry level price of $75,000
- Ability to manage workloads on select System x blades now available
- Designed to deliver Smarter Computing capabilities
Many of the analysts have focused on the $75,000 entry price point. And that's cool.
There are customers who on Monday didn't think that they could afford a mainframe and are today putting it on their short list. What they will find is a platform that is highly reliable and will help them achieve the levels of innovation needed to drive their business.
Of course, I'm an Integrated Service Management guy and at the end of the day it's all about the service.
Which is why the good news is that we provide a Integrated Service Management capabilities and portfolio solutions for the mainframe.
A solid portfolio of hardware and software that continues to get stronger. To quote Ana Gasteyer as Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing."
For more information contact your IBM sales rep or one of our Business Partners using the Business Partner Locator website and feel free to leave comments below about your positive experiences with the mainframe.
* Statement of direction is intended to provide insight into IBM plans and direction. Availability, prices, ordering information, and terms and conditions will be provided when the product is announced.
All statements regarding IBM's plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice