It is time to update the "Migration Use Cases with the Migration Manager" IBM Redbooks!
Vasfi Gucer 1200008QSY VASFI@US.IBM.COM | | Tags:  migration tivoli sccd manager migrating maximo redbooks
1 Comments | 6,047 Visits
In my job as a Tivoli Project Leader in ITSO (a.k.a the IBM Redbooks team) I have published more than 100 Tivoli books since 1999. Migration Use Cases with the Migration Manager, SG24-7906 , published in Jan 2011, is one of the books that I really enjoyed co-authoring. Migration Manager is a quite useful capability of Tivoli's process automation engine that is used to migrate configuration changes from one environment (Development) to another (Production).
We had an exceptional team for this IBM Redbooks project: four practitioners from GBS/GTS, one of the lead architects of Tivoli's process automation engine, one Maximo developer and two of our clients.
As shown below, in this book we covered the most common migration use cases with the Migration Manager as well as presented a migration strategy and best practices for troubleshooting possible migration problems when using the Migration Manager.
- Chapter 1. Migration strategy
This book was based on Tivoli's process automation engine V188.8.131.52. Now that we have Version V7.5 available, it is time we update this book. We are forming the gang again!
I've announced a new residency that starts Oct 22th for 3 weeks and I am looking for 5 residents. If you have hands on experience with the Migration Manager and would like to see your name on the cover page of this book, go ahead and submit your nomination.
Here are the changes we are considering in this update:
- Of the original 7 migration scenarios authored, 3 will be revised to reflect new best practices, and additional variances
- The original Troubleshooting chapter will be revised to cover newer techniques of error recovery
- Two additional migration scenarios will be added, each similar to the content of the Data Dictionary scenario
- One additional chapter will be written to introduce the new Tivoli's process automation engine V7.5 capability Migration Collections
- There will be one additional scenario for IBM SmartCloud Control Desk migrations
Now, it is your turn! What else you would like to see in this IBM Redbooks? Is there a specific migration scenario that you would like us to cover? I am very interested in your input and comments. You can also contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.