- Agreement Exchange for Confidential Information - An agreement/contract between IBM and the customer for the exchange of confidential information
- Annuity Billing
- Billing that occurs on a fixed schedule that may or may not have a predetermined end date.
- Accounts Receivable
- Annual License Charge
- AP Letter
- Letter sent after contract/PCR activation to the customer accounts payable contact, which lists contract details. This pertains to contracts $100K and greater.
- Annual Support Charge
- Business Continuity Recovery Services - Assists a customer in maintaining core business functions during emergency situations.
- Business Consulting Services - A line of business within IBM Global Services that brings together the full strength of our industry expertise, leading edge technologies and world class professionals to create unprecedented end to end business value.
- Best Estimate - Delivery of general or specific services by the hour for an estimated number of hours.
- Billing Effective Date
- A modification to an existing license which can include supply and entitled entity changes
- Customer Master Record - Database that houses customer information that is used to do business with IBM. This information includes, but is not limited to the customer number, installed address, and invoice to address.
- Cash On Delivery
- Customer Support OnLine - A team of professionals available to quickly respond to questions pertaining to your IBM contracts, inventory, order, invoice and payment status.
- Cash With Order
- Distributed Systems License Option
- Enterprise Applications Solutions
- e - Business
- Networking services.
- Early Installation Program
- Entry Support License
- EE/feature code configuration
- Entitled Entity - identifier to express software
- Fixed Price - Delivery of services for a fixed amount. Billing occurs on a scheduled basis of milestone deliverables or on another agreed to billing schedule.
- Incident Charge - Delivery of services for one or more customer sites, such as Site Readiness Services, Relocation Management Services, etc., or billing of OEM hardware and OEM software. Billing occurs on an incident by incident basis as each work task is completed.
- IBM Customer Agreement - Used to ensure that appropriate, approved contracts are in place for products and services to be provided.
- IBM Global Financing
- IBM Program License Agreement
- IBM Software Services - Lotus - Services and support for Lotus products and software.
- Integrated Technology Services - A line of business with IBM Global Services that specializes in providing world class IT infrastructure services, including consulting, design, deployment and ongoing management support services. Often referred to as Locally Delivered Services (LDS).
- Letter Of Authorization - A letter published by the customer to allow work to be performed during contract negotiations.
- Mindspan - Support and Consulting services for education and conference/exposition services.
- Million Service Unit
- National Services Support Organization - An administrative center headquartered in Raleigh, NC that provides support for the key aspects of Services contract management.
- Other Equipment Manufacturer
- One Time Charge
- Project Change Request - A revision to a current contract that is approved by both the customer and IBM. Revisions can include but are not limited to end date extensions, additional equipment, and additional services. Also referred to as Project Change Authorization (PCA).
- Project Manager - The individual in charge of creating and implementing a project plan to ensure equipment and/or services are supplied in a professional and timely manner.
- Purchase Order - Customer document which authorizes a company to do business with another, and may be required for payment purposes.
- Printing Systems Division - Responsible for the processing of relocation services contracts.
- Parallel Sysplex License Charge
- Recurring Charge
- Delivery of services on a recurring basis at a fixed recurring charge, such as Business Continuity and Recovery Services, Technical Support services, etc. Billing occurs on a regular fixed schedule (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual) or other agreed to schedule.
- Remotely Delivered Services - Services that are delivered remotely via voice and web support.
- Systems, Application and Products for data processing
- Software Growth Agreement
- Strategic Outsourcing - A line of business within IBM Global Services that works with the customer to evaluate their business objectives and identify IT operations can be outsourced for competitive advantage, freeing them from keeping up with a rapidly changing technology, constant retraining and recruitment in the marketplace where IT skills are in short supply.
- Services Order Assurance - Validation of customer invoicing requirements by calling services A/R and the customer's accounts payable/key payment contact or the PM/client rep. It provides quality contract management and invoicing that meets the customer's expectations.
- Software Group - IBM's software business that develops and supports IBM's operating systems, middleware and applications software.
- Support Line Redesign
- Restructuring of the entire support line offering which began 09/01/02.
- A complex of machines that run together
- Terms and Conditions - Standardized verbiage that documents the responsibilities of both the customer and IBM.
- Consulting services and support for Tivoli developed products/software.
- Total Solution Package
- A proposal that packages multiple IBM products and/or offerings into a single comprehensive proposal. It usually includes Hardware, Software, and services.
- Universal Commercial Code - Filing liens against customer purchases until payment has been received. Usually performed for contracts $300K and greater.
- Yearly License Charge