IBM Rational Functional Tester 8.2.2 has been made generally available and contains fixes and features to version 8.2 including all predecessor fix packs.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release whith a description of any new functionality or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click the link to navigate to the system requirement report page. To run the report, select your Product, Version and Operating System.
Note: Choose the parent version of your product to see the system requirements for fix pack releases.
|Click to browse for the version of your product information center available on the product information library page.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
For information about hardware and software requirements for Rational Functional Tester, version 8.2.2, see Installation requirements.
If you are installing or upgrading Rational Functional Tester on Microsoft Windows, to use the .NET Scripting feature, you must copy msvcp71.dll into the System32 directory (C:\Windows\System32), if it is not already available. You can copy the msvcp71.dll file from any other Windows operating system such as Windows XP or download it from Internet.
Before you update Rational Functional Tester, close the Eclipse and Microsoft Visual Studio IDEs, as well as any open Web browsers, and all other applications that are enabled by Functional Tester.
Note: For details on the list of supported platforms on which IBM Rational Functional Tester can be installed, see List of supported platforms.
For information about installing Rational Functional Tester, version 8.2.2, see Installing Rational Functional Tester.
You can upgrade to Rational Functional Tester version 8.2.2 in any of the two ways described below. Note that, to upgrade to version 8.2.2, the minimum required version of IBM Installation Manager is 1.5.2.
- Using IBM Installation Manager
If Rational Functional Tester version 8.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.2.1, 18.104.22.168 or one of their interim fixes is already installed on your computer, you can install this update using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager. For information, see Updating Rational Functional Tester.
- Local upgrade of an existing installation
- Download the Rational Functional Tester 8.2.2 package from the location specified at the bottom of this page.
- Extract the files to a temporary directory. For example, extract the file to
- In the IBM Installation Manager click File > Preferences and add the temporary directory to the list of repositories, for example,
- Use the Update Packages wizard of the Installation Manager to proceed with the update.
From Rational Functional Tester 8.2.2 onwards, the help is included with the product. You can also connect to the ibm.com site and access the information center help. See Accessing Rational Functional Tester version 8.2.2 Help in the Rational Functional Tester Information Center.
|Rational Functional Tester 8.2.2 Release Notes||English||26609|
|Rational Functional Tester 8.2.2 Installation Guide||English||10094|
The following sections provide detailed information related to this release.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a service release of Rational Functional Tester 8.2. It contains new features as well as fixes for client reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
For a list of known problems, see the Known limitations and workarounds section in IBM Rational Functional Tester version 8.2.2 Release Notes in the Rational Functional Tester Information Center.
- Automatically enabled environment for functional testing: Rational Functional Tester enables the environment for functional testing automatically when you start recording a functional test script as well as during playback. For information about the components enabled automatically and the limitations, see the Automatically enabled environment for functional testing topic in the Information Center.
- Dojo 1.6.1 support: Rational Functional Tester supports the testing of applications created using the Dojo Toolkit version 1.6.1.
- Mozilla Firefox 10.0 support: Testing HTML applications that are loaded in Mozilla Firefox 10.0, 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 browsers is supported.
- Help included with the product: The Rational Functional Tester help is provided with the product. When you install Rational Functional Tester, the help is also installed.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Rational Functional Tester 8.2.2||1 Jun 2012||English||1504628826||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed