These plug and play automation policy modules drive the protection for critical business services and improve the availability of these business services. The automation policies are for many IBM and non-IBM middleware and applications.
Package 188.8.131.52 for Solaris contains:
- NFS Server -> ITSAMP-NFS-Server.pdf
- Zones -> ITSAMP-Solaris-Zone.pdf
The policy package is available as pkg package file. Please install it using the pkgadd command. Thus all policies are installed into the directory /usr/sbin/rsct/sapolicies. The documentation files for the policies can then be found in the respective directories. These documentation files contain the steps needed to setup the policies.
Sample policies - Best practices.
Developing a System Automation for Multiplatforms (SA MP) automation policy requires knowledge of the automated product (for example, NFS) as well as knowledge of the SA MP product.
- Using SA MP concepts, best operating practices are stored as integrated sample policies. This enables you to get productive much faster, also in the case of migrating from competitive products (significantly reduced time to value).
- Even if you have developed your own automation, you may use SA MP best practice policies as a proof point.
- If you start working with a new product, you may use System Automation for Multiplatforms best practice automation policies as a valuable knowledge base of product topology and dependencies.
- Best practice policies can be added on top of your existing automation, thus allowing for a staged enhancement.
Consult the IBM Website for more information on IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms.
To report a problem with downloading this entry, contact the IBM ISM Library Administration.
This package is subject to the terms and conditions displayed upon download.
This download has been prepared and reviewed by IBM. It is offered "AS IS" to existing customers. Support is not provided for this download.
Append a comment and rate this item to provide feedback and questions directly to the content submitter. You can also use the forum or community links under the related product resources to reach the Service Management Connect area for the indicated product.
IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms