IBM® Maximo® Extension for Building Information Models (BIM) provides the ability to leverage BIM data within Maximo. This includes support for importing/updating BIM data, export from Maximo, and full 3D display of BIM data in context with Maximo applications and processes. The data import implements a subset of the COBie standard: http://www.wbdg.org/resources/cobie.php. The Maximo 3D Viewer integrates with Autodesk® BIM360® viewer.
The Maximo® Extensions for Building Information Models (BIM) provides support for integrating BIM data into, Maximo and for full 3D display of BIM data in context with Maximo applications and processes. The data import and export implements a subset of the COBie standard
Building Information Models (BIM) is a digital representation of the building that is created and updated during the design and build phases of construction. This data model provides the information in its attributes to describe (in detail) the infrastructure of a building. This is becoming more frequently used by contractors and is part of the hand-over of a building to the owner. This model provided at hand-over is generally referred to as the "as built" state of the building. Building owners who are commissioning a building into production need the information in this model to perform facilities management. The process of loading this information into maintenance products (like Maximo) is costly, time consuming, and may introduce errors. The code contained in this package allows the automatic loading of data in the BIM model into Maximo to begin the process of maintaining the building. This model associated with the operational state of the building is referred to as the "as maintained" state of the building.
- Full COBie certification with support for 12 COBie tables and partial support for two additional tables
- Merge of multiple COBie data sets on import to support complex projects with multiple model files.
- Merge of imported data with existing Maximo configuration including: Attributes, classifications, units of measure, and other data to support integration of COBie data with enterprise data standards
- Merge of COBie data with previously imported COBie.
- Update of previously imported data with new COBie data to support multiple data drops over a project life-cycle
- Update non-COBie Maximo data with imported COBie data to support renovations and model created for existing buildings
- Export of COBie data to support interchanges with other COBie compliant operational systems.
In addition, there is a set of extensions to existing Maximo applications and new product and design specification applications to support the imported data. The 3D viewer support provides out of the box support for the Autodesk "Large Model Viewer" from the view and data API. The BIM360 viewer technology. In addition, there is an open API to support integration of viewer from other vendors. These viewers are directly integrated into the Maximo UI.
BIM360 Viewer features:
- Automatic selection and display of the correct model
- Viewer context is synchronized to Maximo
- Maximo context is synchronized to the viewer
- The viewer may be used for asset selection
- Create work orders and service request from the viewer
- Display assets with open work order or service requests.
- Display Create and Edit Maximo systems
- Create a library of predefined views
For further discussion and participation please join our forum and subscribe to the following groups located at Service Management Connect Community.
- Full 3D navigation
- Basic Search
- Model Properties
- Model Tree
- Sectioning of the model
- Model walk thru
To report a problem with downloading this entry, contact the IBM ISM Library Administration.
This offering is "Development Supported" to existing customers with active maintenance, for as long as the softwareis available for download on the ISM Library. Use the Solution Contact to request information or find contact informationin the documentation provided in the downloaded file.
You can also append a comment and rate this item to provide feedback and questions directly to the content submitter.
Specific support information for this integration will follow:
This offering is “Development Supported” to existing customers with active maintenance, for as long as the software is available for download on the ISM Library. To request information email email@example.com, this contact information is also found in the documentation provided in the downloaded file.
Maximo™: 18.104.22.168+ and 7.6
The BIM360 viewer: Also known as the Large Model Viewer (LMV)/View and Data API. The BIM360 viewer is a cloud based viewer. To utilize in Maximo a subscription from Autodesk is required. The BIM360 viewer requires a browser that supports WebGL. Tested browsers include: Micorsoft Edge. Internet Explorer 11, Firefox v42.0, Chrome v47.0.