The IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) Adapter Development Tool, ADT, previous a graphical tool for building custom ITIM adapters.
The Adapter Development Tool, ADT, is a tool used by IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) customers and consultants to create custom TIM adapters. It reduces adapter delivery time by about 50% and it helps in the development of custom adapters by:
- Providing graphical development that integrates TDI functionality and ITIM profile development
- Reducing errors caused by manual editing of files
- Providing automated validation to identify common errors
- Providing templates of adapter customizations
- Allowing export and import of adapters in either DSML or RMI formats
- ADT produces TDI RMI adapters - the de-facto standard
In the event the ITIM Adapter Development Tool does not operate as expected, use the Tivoli Directory Integrator, TDI, as an alternate development platform. TDI is distributed as a standard part of ITIM.
Download training material for the Adapter Development Tool. The linked archive contains 9 tutorials and an overview of the material.
Consult the release notes for more information:
- ITIM Adapter Development Tool v2.1 for ITIM v4.6 Release Notes
- ITIM Adapter Development Tool v3.1 for ITIM v5.0 Release Notes
- ITIM Adapter Development Tool v5.1 for ITIM 5.1 Release Notes
Please see the ITIM Adapter Development Tool README for important information.
Please see the marketing flyer for details on the features, functions, and benefits of this tool.
Consult the IBM Website for more information on IBM Tivoli Identity Manager.
To report a problem with downloading this entry, contact the IBM ISM Library Administration.
This package is subject to the terms and conditions displayed upon download.
This download has been prepared and reviewed by IBM. It is offered "AS IS" to existing customers. Support is not provided for this download.
Append a comment and rate this item to provide feedback and questions directly to the content submitter. You can also use the forum or community links under the related product resources to reach the Service Management Connect area for the indicated product.
IBM Tivoli Identity Manager 4.6, 5.0, 5.1
This Solution requires:
- IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) 4.6, 5.0, 5.1
- The ITIM Adapter Development Tool (ADT) is built using the Eclipse 3.2 platform and is a Rich Client Program (RCP). All required Eclipse components are packaged with the application. Eclipse does not need to be installed on the target platform.
- Java runtime version 1.4 or greater is required for installation and operation with Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI) 6.0. Java runtime version 1.5 or greater is required for installation and operation with TDI 6.1.1
- This application makes use of the Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI) version 6.0 or 6.1.1 product. TDI must be installed on the platform prior to installing this tool and the location of the TDI home must be provided during the installation process.
- The application is packaged as an installer executable. To install, simply double click the downloaded exe file.