IBM Solution for Business Service Management is a proven approach to successful business service management (BSM) projects through a well-defined process methodology, set of integrated capabilities, out-of-the-box content, best practices, dashboards, models, and reference architecture with the goal of collaboratively managing services & applications based on business priorities.
IBM Solution for Business Service Management is a proven approach to
successful business service management (BSM) projects through a
well-defined process methodology, set of integrated capabilities,
out-of-the-box content, best practices, dashboards, models, and
reference architecture with the goal of collaboratively managing
services & applications based on business priorities. This solution is for IT and business leaders looking to more rapidly
define, measure, and manage services in highly complex, highly dynamic
environments, and to successfully and repetitively do so in harmony with
business priorities and outcomes.
Contents of IBM's Solution for Business Service Management:
- GUI based installer for deploying BSM solution integration code. Supporting remote deployment capabilities.
- Deployment of ITM Industry Best Practices situational event definitions/configurations for OS Agents, Web-based Middleware, Virtual Environments and Database agents.
- Industry best practice metric collection in Tivoli Data Warehouse for Application Servers, Clients, Transactions, Databases, Servers, Web Servers and Virtual Environments.
- Deployment of Event correlation probe rules and OMNIBus schema changes for ITM, ITCAM, TADDM, ITM for VE and TBSM.
- Discovery Library Adapter automation toolkit for TADDM/TBSM to automate the import of ITM, ITCAM and ITM for VE IDML books into the solution.
- Deployment of Single Sign-On configuration for TBSM, ITM, and TADDM.
- Business Service Composer GUI for defining static and dynamic business service grouping rules.
- Industry defined best practice service model with associated key performance indicators, metrics and event propagation rules.
- Industry defined best practices service visualization for problem diagnosis, isolation and resolution scenarios for L1, L2, Subject Matter Expert and Application Owner personas.
- Business Service Management process guide and community delivered to help understand, plan and implement a strategic business service management solution.
For the latest version of this documentation for Solutions for BSM, see:
Tivoli Business Service Manager Documentation. The version 6.1 (or higher) information center contains the entire TBSM publication set, and also includes the Solutions for BSM documentation.
The IBM Solution for Business Service Management recommends and provides out-of-the-box integrations with these discovery and monitoring products to build a hierarchy of services that represent your IT and business operations.
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring - Base Monitoring, Situations, and Status.
- ITCAM for Applications - Discovery and monitoring of services based on application servers, clients, web servers, and databases.
- ITCAM for Transactions - Discovery and monitoring of services based on transactions
- Tivoli Monitoring for Virtual Environments - Base monitoring, situations, and status for virtual server hosts
- Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager - Discovery of resource and relationship configurations
To report a problem with downloading this entry, contact the IBM ISM Library Administration.
This package is subject to the terms and conditions displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying the download file from this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM / Tivoli support channel listed at IBM Directory of worldwide contacts.
To open a support request, use the product listed under the "IBM Products integration works with" section of the "Details" tab that indicates the main product the integration works with. Inform the solution integration was downloaded from the ISM Library providing the title of the integration and the related product.
You can also append a comment and rate this item to provide feedback and questions directly to the content submitter. You can also use the forum or community links under the related product resources to reach the IBM Service Management Connect area for the indicated product.
Specific support information for this integration may follow:
The Solution for BSM is pre-configured to use and modify these products to support TBSM visualizations. If any product is going to be modified by the Solution for BSM, you need the version and fix pack levels described below. Not all products listed below are necessarily required to exist in the environment in order to get value from the Solution. However, to fully utilize the Solution for BSM functionally, you should install and configure the following products, on their respective supported platforms. You will be prompted during deployment for the product configuration information.
IBM's Solution for Business Service Management supports the following products:
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring v6 release 2.3 Fix Pack 2 (or higher)
- Tivoli Monitoring for Virtual Environments v7.1 (or higher)
- VMWare Agent 7.1 interim fix 1 (or higher)
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM) for Transactions v7.3 (or higher) **
- ITCAM for Applications v6.2.4 (or higher)
- Tivoli Business Service Manager (TBSM) v184.108.40.206 (or higher)
- Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager (TADDM) v7.2.1 Fix Pack 1 (or higher)
- ITCAM for Application Diagnostics v220.127.116.11 (or higher)
- IBM Optim™ Performance Manager v4 release 1 (or higher)