Join us for IBM Systems Technical University:
April 8-11, 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Attendees should plan to arrive on either Monday, April 7th, during the day or on Tuesday, April 8th, early in the morning. Registration opens on Monday at 4 p.m.
All sessions will be presented in English and business casual attire is appropriate for all conference sessions, including evening activities.
All prices are in Turkish Lira (TRY). Conference Registration Fee only covers conference admittance, meals, coffee breaks and evening events Tuesday through Friday as mentioned in the event agenda. Individual travel expenses, lodging, incidental expenses and additional meals are not included and will be paid by each attendee at the time the expense is incurred.
|Standard Rate (IBM clients)||Available until March 31, 2014||TRY4.899|
|IBM Power Systems / IBM i coupons**||Available until April 7, 2014||TRY0|
|Standard Rate (IBM Business Partners)||Available until March 31, 2014||TRY4.164|
|Standard rate (IBM Employees)||Available until April 7, 2014||TRY4.165|
|Business Partner Reward Voucher**
entitled BP’s only
|Available until April 7, 2014||TRY980|
(IBM Employees, Business Partners and customers
who attended any IBM Systems Technical University
from 2009 - 2013.)
|Available until April 7, 2014||TRY4.115|
|As of April 1, 2014||TRY5.145|
(IBM Business Partners)
|As of April 1, 2014||TRY4.375|
Special customer promotion: as of 4th attendee enrolled from the same company, receive a 20% discount per additional enrollment!
Upon enrollment, you will receive a confirmation email that your enrollment is pending.
An electronic confirmation letter will be sent within 2 weeks of enrollment to confirm your registration. If you do not receive this confirmation within the 2 weeks, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Discounts are not cumulative and are calculated on full tuition fee (TRY4.899).
All prices shown are excluding VAT.
** If you plan on using a coupon or voucher to pay for all or part of your registration fee, you must provide the physical document at the time of registration at the conference. If you do not have the physical document, you will be billed the full registration fee.
- As of April 17, 2013, electronic visa (e-Visa) replaces “sticker visa” which was issued at the border crossings. Applicants just need to log on to www.evisa.gov.tr, provide the requested information, (after the application is approved) make online payment and download their e-Visa.
- Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. Other purposes, such as work and study, require regular visa given by Embassies or Consulates.
- Passports should be valid at least six months longer than the expiry date of the requested visa.
- The term "official passports" covers diplomatic, service, special and official passports.
- Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
- If you have a valid visa, you do not need a residence permit up to 90 days. On the other hand, foreigners who shall reside, work or study in Turkey, should register themselves at the nearest local police department upon their arrival in Turkey, regardless of the validity of their visa.
- Information on Work Visa: To work in Turkey, you must apply to the nearest Turkish mission to obtain work permit and visa. Your passport, visa application form and a letter from your employer are the necessary documents for your application. Other documents should be submitted to the Turkish Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) by your employer within ten working days after your application.
You may find the list of those documents in the MLSS’s website (www.csgb.gov.tr). Applications are finalized by the MLSS within thirty days at the latest. Right after your arrival in Turkey (before starting to work), you should be registered at the local police department within one month to obtain the necessary residence permit.
For further information, please go to: http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
The 2014 IBM Systems Technical University is pleased to welcome you to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center in Istanbul/Turkey.
Silahşör Caddesi No: 42 | Bomonti-Şişli
|Double/twin room for single occupancy Non-smoking / Smoking||TRY400|
|Double/twin room for double/twin occupancy Non-smoking / Smoking||TRY490|
* Room rates are per room and night. They include breakfast, but exclude 8% VAT. Room rates include complimentary wireless internet in all bedrooms.
To make your hotel booking, please contact email@example.com. Please mention the code GIBMA and you will get quoted the IBM Conference rate when making your reservation with the Hilton reservation department.
Reservations need to be made the latest 2 weeks prior to the event (by March 25th) as otherwise the hotel will release the rooms and can’t guarantee the negotiated rate.
If you have any problems with your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +90 212 375 30 00.
Located opposite the Historical Bomonti Beer Factory, Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center is close to all major points of interests Istanbul has to offer. These include the Old City area featuring the Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapı Palace, Basilica Cistern, Dolmabahçe Palace, Galata Tower, Golden Horn, Pierre Loti, and Asmalimescit, as well as entertainment and shopping areas such as Nişantaşı luxury shopping district Taksim, Kanyon and İstinye Park Shopping Centers. Modern art museums such as Santralistanbul, İstanbul Modern are also nearby.
The Bosphorus is only a 5-minute journey via the tunnel between Bomonti and Dolmabahce, while Atatürk International Airport is only a 30-minute drive away.
Hosting two international airports (Atatürk Airport on the European side and Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the Asian side), Itanbul is reachable by most of the major international airlines and charters. The city is from 2 to 5 hours from European destinations and 9 hours from North America.
Istanbul Atatürk International Airport
Tel: +90 212 463 30 00
Sabiha Gökçen Airport
Terminal Binası Pendik 34912
Istanbul has a very extensive road network requiring Green Card and appropriate insurance for visitors coming from Europe. Driving is on the right. Speed limits are 120 km/h for motorways, 90 km/h on main roads and 50 km/h in towns. Located in Esenler; the city’s international bus terminal is about ten kilometers from the city center and serves all international and domestic lines.
Directions from Taksim Square to Hotel:Head west on Taki Zafer Avenue towards Taksim Myd, continue on to Anit Avenue and turn right onto Cumhuriyet Avenue. Continue onto Vali Konagi Avenue and take first right onto Halaskargazi Avenue. Turn left onto Rumeli Avenue and then first right ont Nakikye Elgun Street. Take a left on Rikaptar Street and then left onto Abide-i-Hurriyet Avenue. Take the first right onto Silahsor Avenue where the hotel is located.
Distance from Hotel: 28.5 km.
Drive Time: 25 min
Take the Airport exit and take the first right intersection and follow the signs D100. Turn right at the sign. Drive straight about 35 km and you will come to Caglayan Junction, turn right at the Junction to Sisli Devlet Hastanesi sign. After approximately 2 km turn right from the first corner to the Silahsör Street and drive 500 meters, the hotel entrance will be on your right hand side.
Distance from Hotel: 32 km.
Drive Time: 30 min.
Directions from Sabiha Gokcen International Airport to Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel:
Head east and take the ramp onto Havaalani Crossroads. Continue straight onto E80 and keep left to continue on 01-02 Camlica connection. Take the exit onto Kozyatagi turn.
Taxis and private shuttle service
Istanbul’s taxis are yellow lighted with TAKSI signs on top. Taxis can easily be found all around the city. In addition there are many taxi stops around the city near most crowded places, hotels, restaurants and tourist spots where they can be acquired easily by phone. There is also a mobile application “taximetre” where you can easily call a cab and calculate the approximate fee for the trip.
- Substitutions and cancellations should be made using the registration application. In order to change your registration record, you will be able to log back in to the registration application.
- Substitutions can be made at any time.
- Late cancellations (fourteen calendar days before the event) or no-shows will be charged the full tuition fee. Online registration ends April 7, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. EST.