Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
The system administrator will administer the IBM WebSphere DataPower from initial setup to deployment in production. The administrator must use various management interfaces, such as command-line interface (CLI), WebGUI, and SOAP to upgrade firmware, monitor system performance, configure user accounts and domains, and more.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Networking protocols
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Describe the key use cases and architectural scenarios for the IBM WebSphere DataPower
- Perform administrative tasks on DataPower appliances using the command-line interface (CLI), Web GUI, and XML Management Interface
- Download and upgrade the firmware on the DataPower appliances
- Create and manage user accounts and domains
- Configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to and from WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Ensure high availability of DataPower appliances using load balancer groups and clustering
- Monitor the performance of the DataPower appliance using service level monitoring and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Troubleshoot and debug services using the problem determination tools, logs, and probes provided with the DataPower
- Configure logging of messages to external locations