Select a help topic by 'clicking' on it. The page will then jump to the description of the selected topic. You can go back to the top of the page by clicking on Back to top link.
If you can not find the necessary information in this page, you can contact our WW customer support center, phone number and email addresses can be found under Contacts
User guidelines and other work instructions in PDF format
This is a list of help content available in pdf format for printing of offline wieving.
To view or print the materials below you will need a PDF viewer like Adobe Reader or similar Get the Adobe® Reader®
- Register for a IBM id
Make sure that you have registered for a user id an IBM registration.
- User id/password combination not known:
A valid combination of user id and password is required to complete the sign in transaction. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Make sure that caps lock is not on accidentally.
- Make sure that you have registered for a user id an IBM registration.
- First time registration
To work with the application, an access profile needs to be created. A combination of customer number and order number, (visible on the packing list), is necessary to validate the users access to the hardware inventory.
Administrator functions provide a way to manage the authority of users to work with the software to which your company is entitled.
There are two administrator functions: register an IBM customer number, and manage customer numbers.
Register an IBM customer number
This is the first step, and is required one time only. The reason that the customer number must be registered is so IBM can (1) validate whether a person is entitled to work with the software, and (2) establish the primary contact for the customer number.
To register a customer number, enter the customer number and either of the following: order number or system number.
You can find the customer number, order number, and system number in the documentation that was shipped with your software order.
After the customer number is registered, other user IDs can be authorized to the applications by the administrator.
Manage customer numbers
The applications within Entitled Software Support require that users obtain authorization from a person who is an employee of the company that is entitled to the software.
There are two types of authorities: application authorities and special authorities.
Application authorities are specific to each application, and provide a way to grant access to some portions of the application, but limit access to the most critical portions of the application. For example, the administrator may set up the authorites for three users as follows.
- Two users can view electronic Proof of Entitlement, but not transfer electronic Proof of Entitlement.
- One user can view electronic Proof of Entitlement, and can transfer electronic Proof of Entitlement.
The administrator may grant a different level of authority to each person, and may grant access to some applications and not to other applications.
Special authorities include primary contact and administrator authority.
Each administrator has the same ability as another administrator to manage the authorizations, including the ability to manage who the primary contact is. Ensure that the appropriate person has this role.
To administer user IDs, do the following.
- Click on Manage customer numbers on the left side of the page.
- Select either Show all customer numbers or Show only this customer number, and click the Continue button.
- Select the customer number, and click the Manage authorizations button.
- Enter the user ID, and click the Continue button.
- Select the authorities for the user ID, and click either the button to Update or Remove user ID.
The administrator functions also provide the ability to specify a nickname for each system. To work with the nicknames, do the following.
- Click on Manage customer numbers on the left side of the page.
- Select either Show all customer numbers or Show only this customer number, and click the Continue button.
- Select the customer number, and click the Edit nicknames button.
- Enter the nickname next to the machine type and serial number, and click the Update nicknames button.
View my authorizations
Any authorized user may view his or her authorities by doing the following.
- Click on View my authorizations on the left side of the page.
- Select either Show all customer numbers or Show only this customer number, and click the Continue button.
- Select the customer number, and click the View authorization details button.
This application is currently supported for IBM i and AIX. A current IBM Software Maintenance Agreement (SWMA) or Software Subscription contract is required. If you do not have a current SWMA in place, please contact your IBM sales point. If you have signed a contract with IBM, you may contact your IBM sales point.
Products ordered through Passport Advantage are NOT supported by this application.
Overview: "Entitled Software Updates" is a web-based application tool that provides IBM Customers and IBM Business Partners (on behalf of a Customer) with a new simplified, streamlined process for ordering entitled (i.e. no charge) software updates for IBM i and AIX systems. This process eliminates the need for configuration reports, hardcopy electronic Proof of Entitlement (ePoE(s)), and purchase orders (unless still required by your internal processes) previously required by the existing order process. You can now request your entitled software updates when you want them via the web.
Step 1: Select a Customer number and a Hardware serial number.
Select a customer number.
This step identifies the Customer number that this transaction will be processed for. By clicking on the drop down menu titled, "Customer Number", you are presented with two alternatives.
Select a machine type and a hardware serial number.
This step selects the specific IBM i or AIX system for which the entitled software update is being ordered. Clicking on the drop down menu titled, "Machine Type/Serial Number", will present you a list of machine type and serial numbers for which you have been authorized, based on your search argument in the step above. You MUST SELECT a MACHINE TYPE and a SERIAL NUMBER to continue entering your order. If you do not see the desired machine type and serial number combination in the displayed list, contact your administrator or customer focal point to have it added to your list of authorizations.
Upon selecting a machine type/serial number, you will be presented with a list of software products entitled to be updated for that specific system.
Step 2: Verify the software inventory records.
Step 3: Select a language.
Note: IBM i V7 products use language groups. See IBM i V7 language groups for a list of languages included in each group.
Step 4: Order summary - Select the delivery method and verify the delivery address.
Before submitting the order, you will need to select the delivery method and the media option.
Delivery option: You have 3 options for delivery:
Media option for physical delivery: There is several media options for physical delivery. Clicking on the drop down menu for "Media type for physical delivery" presents a choice for how you would like your software provided in this order. The options range from shipping both SW media and publications to only ship publications. Only one choice is permitted.
You can follow the shipment of your order, check the delivery date, contact Online Support if the package is lost or damaged, on the Track my orders link on the right hand menu bar under the Software updates function.
Add a purchase order number and a phone number and verify the billing address (For USA, UK, Germany, Italy and France only): The physical delivery for the named countries will be invoiced 350 USD (310 Euros) + sales tax if applicable per master order number ( ACO order number). A purchase order number and a phone number are mandatory information. If your company does not use a purchase order process, enter a reference to help you track your invoice. Note that this reference needs to be unique. The application presents the user with a billing address (same as delivery address) contained in IBM's records for the selected customer number. If a modification is desired, click on edit billing address.
Verify the delivery address: The application presents the user with a summary of the order and the "ship to" address contained in IBM's records for the selected customer number. If a modification is desired, click on edit shipping address. You can add a name to the "Attention" line of the address. You can change the street address, state, and zip code.
Add additional e-mail addresses: As the user (i.e. person entering the order), you will automatically be sent an e-mail confirming receipt of your order by IBM. You are also given the option of adding additional recipients of this e-mail, that you would want to notify that an order has been submitted. If desired, add the additional e-mail addresses in the input fields presented on the screen, and click on the Go or Continue button to continue.
Step 5: Submit the Order
Verify that everything is now correct, and click on the Submit button to submit your order to IBM for the entitled software update.
An "order confirmation" message with the order numbers will be sent to your e-mail address and any other e-mail addresses you might have included. Use the customer number and the order numbers to trace your physical delivery on Track my orders link.
NOTE: If you still have questions or are having problems with this application, contact the Customer support. All contact information are available under contacts in the right hand menu .
IBM i software keys
This application provides IBM i software keys for machine hardware serial numbers registered under your profile and the generation of Interim keys without registration of the machine hardware serial number is required.
To work with your keys, after sign on click on IBM i software keys on the left hand menu and you will be directed to your software keys.
- Step 1: Machine selection
Select a customer number and a machine serial number from the list and click to continue, or use the quick search to look for a machine registered under your profile.
- Step 2: Keys version and release selection
select the IBM i OS version and release for which you want to work with keys. Note that only V5R3 and higher are supported on the website. For any lower version or release, please contact customer support.
- Step 3 : software keys selection
Select at least one product key before you click on one of the options below. You can use the "select all" button at the end of the page if you want to work with all the software keys.
Note: The software license keys generated for a machine hardware serial number are based on the entitlements for this machine . Check under Entitlements function for a list of ePoe's.
Interim keys are keys with a duration of 40 days and available for emergencies stemming from ordering or licensing issues in a variety of situations, e.g. orders are pending or transfer of entitlements are pending in IBM records. For these situations, interim keys can be generated and downloaded to allow time for the situation to be resolved. The emergency situation could stem from a problem with an IBM i entitlement transfer transaction, but interim keys are not in lieu of a customer purchasing temporary licensing if required. Interim keys may not be used for testing, demonstration purposes, trial use or system migration.
To generate Interim keys, after sign on click on IBM i software keys on the left-hand menu and you will be directed to the machine selection where to select or state the machine serial you want to work with.
Full access mode must be used to work with entitled software keys or IBM i temporary license keys (ITL) and can also be used to generate Interim keys, if you are registered for the machine hardware serial
Quick search allows the generation of Interim keys or access to existing active Interim keys for any machine hardware serial number without the machine must be registered.
The availability of self-served Interim keys for a hardware machine serial number is depending on several conditions:
- The machine type, hardware machine serial number must be valid and recognised by ESS
- If the machine is licensed to IBM i OS, the machine must have at least one IBM i Per Processor license installed
- The machine may not have an ITL order pending for activation or active ITL keys. If hardware machine serial has active ITL keys, no Interim keys can be generated for products and product functions which are not orderable with ITL (DB2 Web Query)
- The machine has not had two or more than two temporary keys within the last 12 months for the required product function
If a temporary key for a specific product function existed within the last 12 months, IBM will allow a subsequent key with a duration with 21 days.
Under the tooltip next to the product function you can find additional information concerning the key which will be generated. The tooltip will reflect a warning symbol if an active temporary key already exists for the corresponding product function. Under the tooltip details you will find further information about the existing key such as activation and expiration date. If the limit of allowed Interim keys has been exceeded, the product function will be greyed out and cannot be selected for Interim key generation.
For other non entitled keys, request should be send to Customer Support. Phone number and e-mail address can be found under "contacts".
Below is a list of actions you can do with your keys
- View key sheet
To view the key sheet(s) select the product(s) and press the view key sheet button at the bottom of the page. From this page you will be able to install the keys, to download or to send the key sheet(s).
- Download key sheet
To download the key sheet(s) follow the below instructions:
- Create a new directory in a well identified location on your disk
- To download the key sheet(s), select the product(s) and press the Download key(s) button at the bottom of the page
- Save the key sheet in this new directory
- The key sheet(s) has been downloaded in a .doc file
- Install key
To install a key select product(s) and press the install button.
- Before installing the key(s) you must give your permission to let an applet connect to your IBM i machine.
- A java security / security warning page will be displayed and you must grant the requested privilege to the certificate by clicking Yes.
- Once the certificate has been accepted, click Continue to proceed.
- Once the applet has run, you will be prompted to sign on to the IBM i system. Enter a valid host name or TCP/IP address, user id and password. Click OK
- The applet will connect you to your IBM i system.
- NB: Note that hardware serial number and key(s) must match with the hardware serial number on the IBM i box. If not, access can not be obtained
- Send key sheet
To send the key sheet(s) to your e-mail address, select product(s) and press the send button.
If the key sheets have been sent successfully you will be directed to the send confirmation page.
Note that it is not possible to forward a key to any e-mail address other than the one for which you are signed on.
The electronic Proof of Entitlement record is being provided to you under the terms of the IBM International Program License Agreement. An electronic Proof of Entitlement is evidence of your authorization to use a program in the quantity stated and level specified.
Click on Entitlements in the left hand menu bar. Select a customer number and a machine type/serial number and click on the Go button. Here is the information you can see:
- OS: the operating system for which the license is valid. Can be multiple.
- Product ID and title: The unique product identifier for which you may have one or more entitlements.
- SWMA status: The status of software maintenance for the product.
- Software serial number and customer number: one or more software serials associated with your entitlements and the customer number under which they are active.
- Code install and title: the function within a product.
- Proof number and function: The unique electronic proof of entitlement number and what the entitlement represents.
- License type: What type of charge was used in the purchase or upgrade of your entitlement.
On this page, you can either View ePoE(s) details or Transfer ePoE(s).
- View details
- Select at least one ePoE, and click on the View details button.
- To print the ePoE(s), click on the print button on the right hand corner of the page.
- Transfer ePoE To transfer ePoE(s) click on the Transfer ePoE button. Note The button will only be available if you have transfer authorization for the selected customer number.
- Select the ePoE transfer source customer number and machine serial number and click on Validate donor machine
- Select the ePoE transfer target customer number and machine serial number and click on Validate target machine. A list of all ePoEs available on the transfer from Machine is displayed.
- Select all ePoE(s) to be transferred and click on the Continue button.
- You will be then directed to the ePoE(s) validate transfer page. After verification click on the Continue button. Note An applet sign on procedure will start (see Install key for more information) if the target machine and the donor machine are with the same affiliate number but different customer numbers.
- Once the transfer is completed, a transfer confirmation page will be displayed.
- i5/OS Base and any PID's processor or user based wil be shown in the entitlements list but not under the transfer option as they are not transferable.
- If an ePoE does not have a hardware serial number assigned, you can transfer it to the hardware serial number attached to it. This can be done without being signed on to the IBM i server. Select the customer number and None from the machine drop down list to see a list of epoe not attached to any hardware serial number under a customer number.
Hardware set up and configuration
- System set-up
For IBM i :
- Ensure that TCP/IP is installed and configured on the system.
- The operating system must be OS/400 V4R2 or higher.
- The BOSS option 12 must be installed on the system (host servers) and the host servers must be active. The "STRHOSTSVR * ALL" command can be used to start the servers.
- Ensure that the QUSER profile is enabled. This is required by the host servers.
- Client configuration
For the workstation or PC:
- Ensure that TCP/IP is installed and configured on the workstation.
- Ensure that the workstation is connected to the IBM i server over TCP/IP.
- The web browser used can be either Netscape 4.7 (or higher) or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 (or higher). Also newer versions of Opera & Mozilla can be used.
- Java support must be enabled in the browser. To enable this support, use the preferences (Netscape) or tools (Internet Explorer) options on your browser.
- Your company must accept applets to run within your browser.
- When prompted, you must accept the security certificate in order to allow the signed, trusted applet to connect to the system within your network.
The data in the report will be extracted from your Entitled Software Support profile.
Check Administrator functions for any additional information on how to register a customer number.
- Submitting a report
IBM i Evaluation and NLV download
IBM i Evaluation and NLV download will allow IBM i and AIX users to download IBM i evaluation software products and any secondary National Language Version without the need of an entitlement. A current SWMA is not required neither.
Users can download the below software products under this function.
Step 1: Machine selection.
IBM i and AIX systems registered under your profile are both available for download but will depend on which Brand you have selected. Click on the drop down menu titled "Machine Type/Serial Number" to present you a list of machine type and serial numbers. A MACHINE TYPE and a SERIAL NUMBER must be selected to continue with IBM i Evaluation, Try & Buy and NLV download. Upon selecting a machine type/serial number, you will be presented with a list of software products. The list will be the same for every machine.
Step 2: Select a product and a language :
Select the product number for the required version and release and the desired language (for i/OS evaluation software only), then click on Continue. Only one product can be selected at a time.
Step 3: Download
For further information on how to download, use the Help section of Electronic Software Delivery.
Note: For IBM i/OS evaluation software, the trial use period will be of 70 days. An additional 70-day trial use period for the same VRM level will not install on a customer\'s machine. Call center: click on Contacts on the right hand menu for e-mail or phone number information.
IBM i V7 language groups
IBM i V7 products will use language groups instead of specific languages like in previous versions. there are 3 groups available and the mapping to the presious language features can be found below.
|Lang Grp 1 Americas/Europe||Lang Grp 2 CEEMEA||Lang Grp 3 Asia Pacific|
|5770-SS1 (supply feature 5817 or 5827)||5770-SS1 (supply feature 5818 or 5828)||5770-SS1 (supply feature 5819 or 5829)|
|- 2924 English||- 2924 English||- 2924 English|
|- 2963 Belgian Dutch IVINCS||- 2995 Albanian||- 2938 English DBCS|
|- 2909 Belgium English||- 2954 Arabic||- 2984 English DBCS|
|- 2966 Belgian French IVINCS||- 2974 Bulgarian||- 2930 Japanese Universal|
|- 2980 Brazilian Portuguese||- 2912 Croatian||- 2962 Japanese Katakana|
|- 2981 Canadian French IVINCS||- 2975 Czech||- 2986 Korean|
|- 2926 Danish||- 2902 Estonian||- 2906 Laotian|
|- 2923 Dutch Netherlands||- 2998 Farsi||- 2989 Simplified Chinese|
|- 2925 Finnish||- 2957 Greek||- 2987 Traditional Chinese|
|- 2928 French||- 2961 Hebrew||- 2972 Thai|
|- 2940 French IVINCS||- 2976 Hungarian||- 2905 Vietnamese|
|- 2929 German||- 2904 Latvian|
|- 2939 German IVINCS||- 2903 Lithuanian|
|- 2958 Icelandic||- 2913 Macedonian|
|- 2932 Italian||- 2978 Polish|
|- 2942 Italian IVINCS||- 2992 Romanian|
|- 2933 Norwegian||- 2979 Russian|
|- 2922 Portuguese||- 2914 Serbian|
|- 2996 Portuguese IVINCS||- 2994 Slovakian|
|- 2931 Spanish||- 2911 Slovenian|
|- 2937 Swedish||- 2956 Turkish|
For information on product-specific, software product planning, installation, and use or on offerings, Please have a look at the website Customer notices and information
- Development/demo licensed products
The SWMA Records function is to be used to verify Software Maintenance inventory data for purchased software programs. This function is available for IBM I, AIX and Storage. An active SWMA is required for any software update, including Software Updates support. An active SWMA is required for AIX on Electronic Software Download support. Both Order update and Software downloads are discussed elsewhere in this document.
The app currently supports IBM Power Systems, with IBM Storage planned in the near future.
Here are a few questions and answers to get you started:
Question: How do I login on the app?
Answer: Use your existing IBM ID. If you don't have one yet, go to www.ibm.com/eserver/ess to create one. IBM employees should just provide their intranet credentials.
Question: What does the app do?
Answer: The app shows and allows you to interact with your purchased IBM products. Inventory can be accessed by selecting a hardware machine type serial (called an asset). Every new mobile user starts with their asset list empty. The app allows you to do several things, including:
- View your software licenses
- View software maintenance for your products
- View (limited) hardware information
- View & download IBM i software keys and Capacity on Demand hardware activation codes
Question: What's an asset?
Answer: It's a generic term we use for hardware machine type serial.
Question: How do I add assets to my list?
Answer: There are several ways to add assets:
- by quick searching for a hardware machine type serial and adding it from its detail
- by adding the asset directly to your list by hardware machine type serial
- by scanning a barcode on your asset which contains an encoded hardware type serial
- by selecting a customer number from your profile and then selecting the asset from its list
- by entering a new customer number, registering for it and then selecting the asset from its list
Question: Can anyone see everything?
Answer: No, access is governed by the same principle as the regular ESS website. As an external user, you need to be authorized for the customer number of the record before you can see its details. IBM employees get unlimited access to all records - just like on the regular ESS website.
Question: I'm already authorized for several customer numbers on the website. Do I need to re-register?
Answer: No, your existing authorized customer numbers are re-used - your IBM ID is shared across the website and the mobile app. When trying to add an asset to your profile, by using the option called "customer number", all your existing authorized customer numbers will be listed already and can be used immediately.
Question: Can I see anything even if I'm not authorized?
Answer: Yes, you can see basic overview of any asset - what operating system it runs, which version and edition it is. To view any details, you will first need to register for its customer number.
Question: Can I register for a customer number using the app?
Answer: Yes, you can register for a customer number in two places:
- at the time of adding the customer number to your IBM ID
- when trying to view an asset detail you're not authorized for
Question: Can I stop using the ESS website?
Answer: We're not there yet. The mobile app, while already offering unique capability (like viewing any asset's basic details), still has limits. Future enhancements will include more capability to the mobile app, to match ESS website's function, but to also add more mobile-unique elements.
Question: What's on the horizon?
Answer: Some new additions are already underway, including data reports, inventory without the associated hardware record and more.
Question: I have more questions! Something doesn't work! Something is wrong!
Answer: Please use the ESS website's Feedback option to provide feedback. You can also email your questions to the ESS Customer Support team.
5733ITL - IBM i Temporary Licensing
Any configured 5733ITL order that ships from IBM will have its start date controlled through the ESS website. You as the owner will select when the keys should become available. Any past order that has not yet reached its configured start date will also be automatically subject to the new rules.
When you select "IBM i software keys", you will see two tabs:
- Download - this is the standard area to download any existing keys
- 5733-ITL - this is the new tab which you will use to select a start date for your IBM i Temporary Licensing order
NOTE: You can change your start date at any time between your login and the future start date you have selected. Only once keys have been created, it is no longer possible to modify the order in any way.
Each order will show you several values:
- Customer number - the IBM country code and customer number under which your order shipped
- Order - the IBM plant order number of your order
- Status - "New" (no start date selected), "Waiting for start date" (future start date already selected), "Generated" (keys already created)
- Duration - the duration of the keys you have ordered (in months)
- Processor group - if you have ordered LPPs on your configuration, the PG value will be showing. You will be getting all keyed LPPs (excluding IBM i cores, users and application servers - those are separate). DB2 Web Query is currectly not enrolled in this offering. For a complete list of all LPPs, refer to the Help section
- Core(s) - if your order included IBM i cores, the number of additional cores that will be temporarily added to your existing permanent entitlement will be displayed here
- Users - if your order included IBM i users, the number of additional users that will be temporarily added to your existing permanent entitlement will be displayed here. If you have ordered "Unlimited" users, this will show as "Unlimited" instead of a number
- Application server(s) - if your order included IBM i application servers, the number of additional ones that will be temporarily added to your existing permanent entitlement will be displayed here
- Last updated by - name of the person or process that was the last to touch the order
The following IBM i operating systems are supported automatically through the new process:
IBM i Temporary Licensing supports the following products:
- 57xx-AF1 - AFP Utilities
- 57xx-AP1 - Advanced DBCS Printer Support
- 57xx-AP1 - IPDS
- 57xx-BR1 - BRMS Advanced Functions
- 57xx-BR1 - BRMS Network Feature
- 57xx-BR1 - BRMS
- 57xx-CM1 - Communication Utilities
- 57xx-DE1 - DB2 Extenders V9.1 for iSeries
- 57xx-DP4 - DB2 DataPropagator for iSeries V8.1
- 57xx-HAS - PowerHA SystemMirror i - Enterprise (*NOMAX cores)
- 57xx-HAS - PowerHA SystemMirror i - Express (*NOMAX cores)
- 57xx-HAS - PowerHA SystemMirror i - Standard (*NOMAX cores)
- 57xx-HAS - System i High Avail Solutions Manager (*NOMAX cores)
- 57xx-ID1 - InfoPrint Designer for iSeries
- 57xx-IP1 - InfoPrint Server for iSeries
- 57xx-IP1 - PS to AFP Transform
- 57xx-JS1 - Advanced Job Scheduler
- 57xx-OAR - IBM Rational Open Access RPG Edition
- 57xx-PT1 - Performance Tools Agent
- 57xx-PT1 - Performance Tools Job Watcher
- 57xx-PT1 - Performance Tools Manager
- 57xx-PT1 - Performance Tools
- 57xx-QU1 - Query
- 57xx-SS1 - HA Journal Performance
- 57xx-SS1 - HA Switchable Resources
- 57xx-SS1 - IBM i - Per Processor
- 57xx-SS1 - IBM i Appl Server Processor
- 57xx-SS1 - IBM i Users
- 57xx-SS1 - IBM i
- 57xx-SS1 - Media & Storage Extensions
- 57xx-SS1 - Print Anyspeed Impressions/Minute
- 57xx-SS1 - Print 1-100 Impressions/Minute
- 57xx-SS1 - Print 1-55 Impressions/Minute
- 57xx-ST1 - DB2 and SQL Dev Kit
- 57xx-WDS - Application Development ToolSet (250 users)
- 57xx-WDS - Heritage Compiler (250 users)
- 57xx-WDS - ILE Compiler (250 users)
- 57xx-WDS - WebSphere Development Studio
- 57xx-XW1 - iSeries Access Family Per User
- 57xx-XW1 - iSeries Access Family Proc Based
- Active - any recent orders that are waiting for you to select a start date, waiting for reaching a previously selected future start date or recently generated orders
- Archived - any generated orders after 7 days will be set into archived status automatically (to not clutter the active view). Additionally, if you do not select a start date for more than 6 months, your order will also be archived (contact customer support if you need to re-activate such orders again)
- All - a complete list of both active and archived orders
NOTE: If you are selecting today as start date, the keys will be generated immediately. It is usually hundreds of keys that are getting created, so kindly wait a short moment after clicking "Update" so that we get the necessary time to generate your keys. This process takes just a few seconds, so please be patient.
View, Download and request update access keys
Existing hardware keys for one or multiple machines can be viewed, downloaded, send by email and renewed.
A list of machines and related keys you want to work with can be created by entering one or more machines manually by stating machine type (4 characters) and machine serial (7 characters). Alternatively a .txt file can be uploaded. The file should contain machine type and machine serial separated by comma.
A machine in the list can be removed from the listing at any time by selecting the machine and using the 'delete' function button.
- View Key:
Viewing the key will present the selected machines' current key(s) on the screen. ESS will show the most current key which might be active or expired.
- Send Key:
Sending the key will provide the selected key(s) as email to the email address associated with the IBM ID used.
- Download Key:
Downloading key(s) will make selected hardware keys available for download in a file format.
- Request new standard key:
Using the 'request new standard key function' renew an existing active or inactive key for the selected machine. A renewal attempt will only be possible if the machine has an active or inactive initial key installed and the country stated matches with the country listed in the IBM database. A key renewal will require an active and valid hardware maintenance subscription. Without a valid subscription the renewal request will be denied and the request will result in an error. Furthermore a renewal will only be processed if the expiration date of a potential renewal key will exceed the expiration date of the current installed key. In this case ESS will keep reflecting the current valid key.
If you expect a selected machine to have an initial key assigned but no key is available or a renewal is denied even though you believe the machine is entitled please contact our Exception Handling Team (e-mail address: email@example.com).