The IBM Insight for SAP® utility program and its subsequent reporting and analysis process provide a convenient, high-level, workload analysis for in-production SAP system landscapes. This service and utility are provided free of charge by IBM America's Advanced Technical Support (ATS) and America's Techline organizations.
The Insight Collector is a Windows® executable which communicates with the in-production SAP system. The Collector gathers performance workload and utilization statistics through the SAP Netweaver® RFC interface while having minimal impact on SAP performance. These statistics are then provided to IBM for processing and analysis. The user will very quickly be provided a detailed performance report detailing the workload and utilization of the SAP system.
The following Applications are supported by ver 6:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Business Warehouse (BW)
- Advanced Planner and Optimizer (APO)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- System wide processing times and response times of Dialog Step statistics.
- Host server processor, memory and response time statistics.
- Application Server (Instance) performance statistics.
- Database transaction information.
- Reporting of the percentage of SAP customization.
- Virtual system utilization statistics.
- Simultaneous collection of multiple SAP systems and landscapes.
Java stack components and their workload statistics.
Please take time to review the following documents as they contain the latest information regarding IBM Insight for SAP:
- Overview of IBM Insight for SAP
- Questions & Answers
- Terms and Conditions
- Insight for SAP ver 6 White Paper
For VMware customers:
If you have VMware hosts and need a sizing based on performance data, please use IBM ATS SCON Monitor Tool instead. Insight may be used for application statistics only for VMware hosts. If you have any questions contact the sizing team at eSizings@us.ibm.com
Download IBM Insight for SAP version 6.1.0 (Supports SAP version 4.0B and above)
- View the ReadMe file (MUST READ)
- Download the 32-bit Windows Installer (Size 21MB)
Downloading of this utility implies agreement with the IBM Terms and Conditions. Please read the Questions and Answers and the README files before installing and running the collector.