Software Value Plus
SVP Industry and Capability Authorization announcement May 2013
SVP Industry and Capability Authorization is IBM Software Group's leading Value Incentive that recognizes and rewards Business Partner when selling their repeatable industry and business capability solutions built with IBM software. The following requirements structure is being implemented across all SVP Industry and Capability Authorization solutions to create a more streamlined and consistent program offering:
Solution content and verification:
Eligible IBM products that comprise the Business Partner solution and verified by IBM.
Business Partner references and/or deployments of their solution.
In support of these changes IBM will publish specific Industry Solution Offerings that qualify for SVP Industry Authorization. Each offering will include IBM solution content, customer pain, value proposition, and additional information specific to each solution.
All existing SVP Industry and Capability Authorization applications and their eligibility requirements will remain available through June 2013 as new application eligibility criteria are being rolled out. Business Partners who apply under the existing eligibility requirements must be approved within 45 days of applying or they will need to reapply and meet the new eligibility criteria.
Business Partners currently approved for SVP Industry and Capability Authorization will remain unaffected by this change through year-end 2013. Business Partners must meet the new solution revalidation requirements in January 2014 to remain approved for SVP Industry and Capability Authorization.
Changes to both SVP Industry and Capability Authorization
- Effective October 1, 2013 the SVP Industry and Capability Authorization solution incentive segments will consolidate the General Business Large Enterprise and General Business Mid-Market segments into a single General Business segment. Business Partners can continue to earn the Mid-Market incentive but both the solution incentive claim date and the IBM sales order date must be prior to October 1, 2013.
- Business Partners must be SVP Product Group approved in all the products that comprise their industry and software capability solutions.
- Complementary qualifications previously approved by IBM may be submitted to meet SVP Industry and Capability Authorizations eligibility requirements and are specified by each solution.
SVP Industry Authorization changes
- IBM industry solution sales mastery skills are no longer required.
- SVP Industry Authorization Board Reviews are no longer required.
- Business Partner industry solutions must implement the specified Industry Solution Offering software content to be approved..
- Business Partner's solutions must be submitted and published as a Verified Business Partner Solution in the IBM Global Solutions Directory.
SVP Capability Authorization changes
- Solution specific certification requirements are no longer required Business Partners must be SVP Product Group approved in all products that comprise their software capability solutions.
- SVP Remarketer Authorization approval is no longer offered when approved for select SVP Capability Authorization solutions.
For additional details and information refer to the June 2013 version of the IBM SVP Solution Incentive Operations Guide when available.
What is IBM Software Value Plus Capability Authorization? - Software Value Plus (SVP) Capability Authorization allows you to be authorized to sell based on how your customers want to buy.
SVP Capability Authorization is designed to help Business Partners expand their reach within specific capabilities such as Security or Cloud Computing. IBM Software is now making it easier to sell solutions that address specific customer issues. When the Business Partner expands their skills and solutions across multiple software product groups around specific IT areas, they can achieve incremental incentives and benefits.
- New! SVP IBM MobileFirst Authorization
SVP IBM MobileFirst Authorization recognizes and rewards Business Partners who deliver mobile enterprise solutions that are consistent with an IBM MobileFirst Platform, Management, Security, or Analytics portfolio solution.
- SVP Business Analytics Authorization
IBM Business Analytics Capabilities Authorization Program is focused on rewarding Business Partners who create solutions that provide our customers with industry or line of business insights that empower companies to make smarter decisions.
- SVP Cloud Computing Authorization
Cloud computing can include products from many different SVP product groups. By creating and delivering the SVP Cloud Authorization, Business Partners will be able to qualify and sell more comprehensive solutions with fewer certifications.
- SVP Data Management Authorization
SVP Data Management Authorization was designed to enhance the reward for our Business Partners that are focused on delivering solutions which utilize IBM software to provide customers the means of creating one unified, trusted view of their data.
- SVP Enterprise Content Management Authorization
The IBM Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Capabilities Authorization Program is designed to reward Solution Providers who build repeatable assets that adhere to a specific set of guidelines. These solutions help solve increasingly complex business problems and enable companies to make smarter decisions.
- SVP Information Integration and Governance Authorization
SVP Information Integration and Governance Authorization was designed to enhance the reward for our Business Partners that are focused on delivering solutions which utilize IBM software to provide customers the means of accessing data in a more efficient and insightful manner.
- SVP Security Authorization
SVP Security Authorization was designed to simplify the process and enhance the reward for our Business Partners that are focused on selling IBM Security software along with their customized implementations to their customers.
- SVP Smarter Analytics Capability Authorization for Big Data
SVP Smarter Analytics for Big Data Capability Authorization rewards Business Partners that have invested in Smarter Analytics skills and leverage their knowledge and implementation experience within an industry or line of business to develop and sell Big Data solutions.
- SVP Smarter Cities Capability Authorization
IBM Smarter Cities drive sustainable economic growth and deliver value to the citizens they serve in a rapidly changing world. The SVP Smarter Cities Capability Authorization provides Business Partners an opportunity to participate in the IBM Smarter Cities initiative. It distinguishes Business Partners and rewards them when they sell and implement Smarter Cities solutions.
- SVP Smarter Commerce Capability Authorization
IBM Smarter Commerce puts the customer at the center of decisions and actions thereby leading to greater customer loyalty, revenue, margins and agility. The Smarter Commerce Capability enables Business Partners to extend their solutions to address broader customer issues while earning incremental incentives and benefits.
- SVP Social Business Authorization
Social Business is all about better ways to leverage your Web interactions and mine your data. Social Business Authorization will allow Business Partners to qualify and sell more comprehensive solutions with fewer certifications.