Eligibility and deadlines
Submitting the final nomination form
- All IBM Business Partners, who are IBM PartnerWorld members – Member, Advanced or Premier – are eligible to submit a nomination for a Beacon Award.
- The nomination deadline is November 21, 2014 at 11:59 P.M. EST (New York).
- IBM reserves the right to decline any Beacon Award nomination from a Business Partner who is not in good standing with their IBM PartnerWorld or IBM Business Partner agreements.
- The nomination of a solution for a Beacon Award must include a nomination form and a minimum of one, and a maximum of three, client references. Additional solution-related attachments may be included in the nomination.
- The nomination form, client reference(s) and any other attachments included in the nomination must be submitted in English. [Please note the solution may be developed in any language, but the entry itself must be submitted in English.]
- IBM Business Partner solutions implemented AFTER September 1st, 2013 may be nominated for an IBM Beacon Award.
- Solutions recognized with a Beacon Award PRIOR to 2012 can be nominated under the following conditions: 1) The solution has been significantly enhanced to take advantage of new technologies, such as cloud, mobile, social, etc.; 2) It has been enhanced to provide additional functionality or services to the client; and 3) The client reference must be different than the client reference submitted with the winning nomination.
- The same solution can be submitted for multiple award categories, however, a different client reference must accompany each submission.
- Client references must be relevant to the Beacon Award they are submitted for. For example, a Mid-Market Award must have a mid-market client reference.
- At least one of the customer solution implementations, included on the nomination form, must be submitted as a client reference.
- The name and title of an authorized representative from the IBM Business Partner must be included in the nomination to demonstrate the company’s consent for the submission.
- IBM employees nominating an IBM Business Partner solution must provide the name and title of an authorized representative from the IBM Business Partner company as proof of identity and consent to the nomination.
- IBM may not be used by an IBM Business Partner as a client reference.
- When submitting your reference, please ensure your client has agreed to be a reference for IBM and there is no agreement in place which prohibits the entry of data (e.g. considered a trade secret or prohibited by a Nondisclosure agreement).
- All submitted client references will be considered for inclusion in the IBM Client Reference Database.
- Eligible references will earn two points toward IBM PartnerWorld level achievement only after the reference has been verified and published. The reference must be approved for external use with either clients and/or other Business Partners.
- Client references that are currently published in the IBM Client Reference Database can be used to complete your award nomination as long as the original publication date is September 1, 2013 or later.
- If the client is located in Germany, Italy or the client is located in France, Belgium or Luxembourg for IBM Global Technology Services – Integrated Technology Services and Strategic Outsourcing solutions, you must supply a signed “Client Permission Agreement” when submitting your reference. (More information about this is available in the IBM Client Reference Database.)
- Nominations should not include any information considered confidential to you or any other party.
- All submitted nominations are considered final. Without exception, nominations saved as draft and not submitted by November 21, 2014 at 11:59 EST (New York) will not be judged without exception.
- IBM’s decisions are final. IBM reserves the right to modify or eliminate categories and the stated procedures and/or criteria in whole or in part at any time without notice.
- The judging period will conclude in December and winners and finalists will be notified thereafter.
5. If you have questions or require additional information, please contact email@example.com.