Benefits of the Linux Test Drive Program (no-charge) for the IBM System z
The program allows short-term access to Linux running on IBM System z running as a guest of z/VM that is available at no charge for 30 days (or 60 days if using IBM Middleware such as DB2 or the WebSphere Application Server).
A for-fee, longer term access with additional resources is also available via the "Remote Development Program" if needed.
Note: There are a limited number of engagements available for each offering. Each application will be processed on a first come, first served basis with the available system resources at that time.
- Approved applicants may request a choice of either a Red Hat or SUSE Linux for System z distribution
- A root ID is provided
- You receive 5GB disk space configured at one mount point (/opt)
- Remote Access via SSH client and SCP (secure copy)
- Secure remote access to the latest IBM hardware and software technologies
- A variety of IBM middleware is available for you to download and install via the IBM software download service (directions are provided upon your successful enrollment)
- Lower development costs and faster time to market
- Technical support that maintains and administers the Linux environment
- Ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the Linux kernel performed on the systems to keep your solutions current and viable
- Technical support provided by email through the PartnerWorld website
- A single Test Drive may be requested by an IBM Business Partner once per Business Product product once per Linux distribution (eg: SUSE SLES 10 vs 11, Red Hat EL 6 vs 7, etc.)
- ISVs requiring resources exceeding the specifications above are directed to participate in the Remote Development Program offering