Show all | Hide all
Show all | Hide all
Abend-AID is the industry standard and only product for thoroughly analyzing the causes of application program failures across a broad range of mainframe environments. With Abend-AID, programmers receive an immediate, detailed analysis of application program errors in a clear and logical format. This automation eliminates the need for time-consuming, repetitive methods to resolve errors. Abend-AID currently supports COBOL, PL/I, and Assembler languages by integrating source code and diagnostic data into a single report. Special support is included for Language Environment (LE) and database coverage is also available for DB2®, IMS and CA-IDMS.
Companies today are changing the way they do business. Legacy systems are increasingly being managed by programmers less experienced in their design, functions and code and the people who understand these systems are going away. These problems inherent in managing legacy systems become more pressing as older information technologies and systems are recycled as back ends to client/server systems and grow in importance.
- Provides Immediate, Transparent Abend Support: Once Abend-AID is active within the operating system, it automatically intercepts the normal dump process or uses a special LE exit to collect the information that is reflected in the Abend-AID report. Abend-AID immediately handles all abends and error conditions--no JCL changes, program recompilations, software modifications, formal training sessions, or bulky manuals are required, making implementation easier.
- Increases Programmer Productivity: Users report that Abend-AID dramatically improves their productivity by significantly reducing the number of steps required to analyze and determine the cause of a problem. Abend-AID gives you all of the pertinent information, virtually eliminating the necessity to read through a dump, access manuals, and/or use guesswork to determine exactly what happened.
- Enhances Programmer Self-sufficiency: Because of Abend-AID's ability to zero in on the cause of the problem, application programmers no longer require DBA or systems programmer assistance to diagnose abends.
- Facilitates Quality Assurance: Abend-AID has received national recognition as a tool that supports quality assurance in the areas of testing and implementation. The Compuware viewing facility is highly beneficial because of its ability to track and measure software errors in the MVS environment.
- Reduces Operating Costs: Abend-AID significantly reduces the use of disk and print queue space, and minimizes the use of channel and printer time.
The Value of Abend-AID:Optimize resources by improving the fault-resolution process. Reduce application downtime and time-to-market for new functionality. Ensure application reliability and performance. Achieve appropriate service levels. The Benefits of Abend-AID for Developers: Quickly resolve failures with source-level analysis.Identify errors and verify test results through a directory of all fault activity. View the actual text of a statement causing an error and the contents of its related fields. Clearly display data in storage and data being transferred between programs. Identify field lengths and index values for multi-dimensional tables. View source code for program logic.
Financial Markets Industry
Point of Sales
Core Systems Transformation
Customer sales & service
Enterprise Payment Platform (Back Office/Payments)
Infrastructure and Support Services
Marketing insights & analytics
Operations & Processing
Risk management & compliance
Service to Sales (Front Office)
Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
Finance and Accounting
High Performance Computing
Operations and Regulations
Patient Care and Services
Payer Transaction Services
Physician Office Automation
Clinical information systems
Computerized physician order entry
Health information systems
Picture Archival and Communication Systems
Small Business (50 to 99 employees)
Midmarket Business (100 to 499 employees)
Midmarket Business (500 to 1000 employees)
Large Business (greater than 1000 employees)
Countries/regions available for distribution
Algeria , Angola , Botswana , Burundi , Cameroon , Central African Republic , Chad , Congo , Congo, The Democratic Republic of the , Côte d'Ivoire , Ethiopia , Gabon , Gambia , Ghana , Guinea , Kenya , Liberia , Madagascar , Mali , Mauritania , Morocco , Mozambique , Namibia , Niger , Nigeria , Rwanda , Réunion , Senegal , Somalia , South Africa , Swaziland , Tanzania, United Republic of , Tunisia , Uganda , Western Sahara , Zambia , Zimbabwe
Argentina , Belize , Bermuda , Bolivia , Brazil , Canada , Chile , Colombia , Costa Rica , Dominican Republic , Ecuador , El Salvador , Greenland , Grenada , Guatemala , Guyana , Haiti , Honduras , Jamaica , Martinique , Mexico , Nicaragua , Panama , Paraguay , Peru , Puerto Rico , Suriname , United States , Uruguay , Venezuela
Australia , Azerbaijan , Bangladesh , Cambodia , China , Fiji , Guam , Hong Kong S.A.R. of China , India , Indonesia , Japan , Kazakhstan , Korea, Republic of , Malaysia , Micronesia, Federated States of , Mongolia , New Caledonia , New Zealand , Philippines , Singapore , Sri Lanka , Taiwan , Thailand , Viet Nam
Albania , Austria , Belgium , Bosnia and Herzegovina , Bulgaria , Croatia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Estonia , Finland , France , Georgia , Germany , Greece , Hungary , Iceland , Ireland , Italy , Lithuania , Luxembourg , Macedonia, The former Yugoslav Republic of , Netherlands , Norway , Poland , Portugal , Romania , Russian Federation , Slovakia , Slovenia , Spain , Sweden , Switzerland , Turkey , Ukraine , United Kingdom
Bahrain , Egypt , Israel , Jordan , Kuwait , Lebanon , Oman , Pakistan , Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates , Yemen
Name Date Categories Feb 1, 2013 Sales Kits
Date last modified: Feb 20, 2015