Show all | Hide all
Show all | Hide all
Virtualized mobile broadband software architecture
Gateways: SGW, PGW, SGSN, GGSN, WiFi Gateways, PCRF, Proxy VoLTE and RCS Service Orchestration Subscriber Charging Platform Integrated Content Delivery Integrated Security Web & Video Optimization RAN Aware Optimization Application Signature Analysis Machine to Machine Applications Support Inter-working with Small Cells and WiFi with unified policy
Nearly all wireless operators around the globe are deploying LTE rapidly. The first generations of purpose-built packet core elements are in adequate to cope with the tremendous volume of signaling and data usage that 4G smart phones generate.
Wireless operators would like to offer new services jointly with internet players such as Amazon®, Google® and need a solution to rapidly offer this capability. Network optimization and QoE are key issues.
Affirmed Networks enables mobile operators to deploy a virtualized mobile network – completely revolutionizing the wireless network infrastructure.
Affirmed’s solution, called the Mobile Content Cloud, elevates service orchestration magnitudes above industry standards and delivers virtualized subscriber management and policy-aware services that are bundled with 3G and 4G gateway functionality for rich application and content delivery. Affirmed’s technology supersedes existing approaches of monolithic, discrete nodes for each service with a dynamic, flexible, and highly-scalable solution that meets today’s data usage requirements and evolves with projected trends.
Affirmed Networks is backed by venture capital investors Charles River Ventures, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners, as well as by strategic investors T-Venture and Vodafone Ventures.
Return on investment
Affirmed estimates the ROI to be in the range of 55% to 70%.
It could be significantly higher as operators deploy larger LTE networks and bring economy of scale to their network operations.
ROI depends on how efficiently operator manages its network and other costs such as subsidizing handset vendors
1) First on the market with truly virtualized LTE packet core solution
2) Replaces 5 or 6 separate heterogeneous boxes in the wireless packet core with one well-integrated Cloud™ solution - reducing both capex and opex significantly
3) Innovative service orchestration that can introduce new services into the network in a matter of minutes instead of months and years with traditional approaches
4) Designed with specific capabilities to deal with explosive growth of video, proliferation of OTT players, Machine to Machine, and 4G signaling storms generated by smart phones and high traffic usage environment
5) Integrated Policy and subscriber management, rich analytics, integrated security
Internet Data Center
Midmarket Business (100 to 499 employees)
Midmarket Business (500 to 1000 employees)
Large Business (greater than 1000 employees)
Countries/regions available for distribution
Morocco , South Africa
Japan , Korea, Republic of
France , Germany , Italy , Monaco , Poland , Turkey , United Kingdom
Bahrain , Egypt , Qatar , Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates
Date last modified: Aug 17, 2015