The pre-conferences classes and the sessions delivered in the Technical University will provide additional information to help prepare for certification testing that can be taken at the university.
Course Title: IBM Flex System - SmartCloud Entry 3.1 Implementation
Pre-conference classes can only be booked in combination with a conference registration.
Date: October 12 - 13 2013
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Hotel Berlin Berlin
Classroom: New York
Audience: Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include anyone involved with the planning, installation, configuration and upgrade of the IBM Flex System related products. This may include:
Instructor: Upendra Rajan
Tuition: * 600 € or 1 PartnerReward Education Voucher for the 2-day class
* Eligible IBM Business Partners can use an IBM PartnerReward Education Voucher per pre-conference class and receive a 100% discount on pre-conference class tuition.
* A separate voucher needs to be used for the Technical University.
* Important: when arriving at the pre-certification you should bring the voucher with you. Upon receipt of the voucher, your invoice will be updated and 350€ will be removed. If you plan to use a second voucher for the Technical University, the remaining 499 € will be removed from your invoice.
Prerequisites: Space is limited to 12 seats. Enroll early.
How to Register: Registration for the Pre-Conference Class is available via the registration link of the Technical University.
IBM SmartCloud Entry is a cloud offering that is designed to be simple to deploy, easy to use and provide essential Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud capabilities on top of a virtualization environment. The self-service capabilities simplify the process of executing many common public or private Cloud operations such as:
IBM PureFlex Systems are fully integrated systems with unified management of compute, storage, networking and virtualization resources that utilize built-in Patterns of Expertise based on IBM's decades of experience and thousands of client deployments. It is built on elements of the IBM Flex System. IBM Flex System includes compute, storage, systems management, and networking components. These components are pre-configured and pre-integrated.
This course has been written to teach everything from the basics of installing the latest version of IBM SmartCloud Entry to performing some advanced cloud based administrative tasks.This course will provide an overview of the steps involved in transitioning an organization's virtual environment into cloud. It also deals with planning for IBM SmartCloud Entry along with a chapter on Power virtualization and VMControl.
This course will also provide several hands-on labs with enough support for students to work with IBM SmartCloud Entry to manage a VMWare, VMControl and the new OpenStack based cloud.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
Day 1: Course administration and introduction
Chapter 1: Introduction to Cloud
Chapter 2: IBM SmartCloud Entry Overview
Chapter 3: IBM SmartCloud Entry Interface
- Install IBM SmartCloud Entry Appliance
- Manage IBM SmartCloud Entry Properties
- Create Users, Projects and Networking Configuration
- Create Image and Deploy Instance
Chapter 4: Advanced Administrative Tasks
Chapter 5: Planning and Implementation of IBM SmartCloud Entry
Chapter 6: Power Virtualization and VMControl