IBM Professional Certification
Certification is both a journey and a destination. It's a business solution. A way for skilled IT professionals to demonstrate their expertise to the world. It validates your skills and demonstrates your proficiency in the latest IBM technology and solutions. The certification requirements are tough, but it's not rocket science, either. It's a rigorous process that differentiates you from everyone else. The mission of IBM Professional Certification is to:
- Provide a reliable, valid and fair method of assessing skills and knowledge.
- Provide IBM a method of building and validating the skills of individuals and organizations.
- Develop a loyal community of highly skilled certified professionals who recommend, sell, service, support and/or use IBM products and solutions.
We are pleased to announce that certification testing will be available at the IBM Storage Technical University. Pending seat availability, you can take on a first come; first serve basis one or more certification tests listed on http://www-03.ibm.com/certify
Certification Test Fees
Certification exams will be offered at the special event rate of $100 USD per exam, up to a 50% discount over the external testing center price. Tests are payable through the online test tool with any major credit card. A complete listing of all IBM tests is available at the testing lab.
Test fees for each exam must be paid on site. Master Card and American Express are accepted. Test takers can enter their credit card number directly into the test delivery tool.
One test per participant is included in your registration fee.
Preparing for an Exam
Potential test takers should prepare for their test(s) prior to the conference. To prepare, refer to the Professional Certification Program from IBM web site at www.ibm.com/certify. There you'll find test descriptions, including:
- Certification job role names and descriptions to which the tests apply.
- Test objectives measured on the tests
- Recommended educational resources
- Assessment and sample tests to help gauge your readiness for the actual exam.
- Estimated time required to take the test.
Registering for a Test
Pre-registration for exams is not necessary.
However, you will need to register on-site for the exams at the Certification room. Exams will be provided on an availability basis during the conference testing hours.
If you have taken IBM Certification tests in the past, please remember to bring your Prometric userid with you.
If you’ve tested at an IBM event, you should have a PRIME username and password which you will need to bring with you as well.