Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
The Deployment Specialist is responsible for performing all operational processes and procedures and for ensuring that all IT services and infrastructures meet operational targets. The Deployment Specialist is expected to perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a IBM Sterling Multi-Channel Fulfillment Suite runtime environment. In addition, the Deployment Specialist should understand the complexities of infrastructure design and maintenance, be able to analyze architecture and security issues, and perform advanced troubleshooting. A Deployment Specialist is also expected to identify performance bottlenecks and provide administrative solutions where appropriate. It is expected that the Deployment Specialist will be generally self-sufficient, and able to perform most of the tasks involved in his or her role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and vendor support services, even in complex situations.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of underlying operating system platforms
- Working knowledge of underlying databases
- Application Server administration skills
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Map the participants’ details to the appropriate roles using the Application Platform
- Create the users and configure user security features
- Describe Process Modeling
- List the business process components
- Create pipelines and pipeline determination rules
- Launch and navigate Business Center
- Create Items, Catalogs, Categories, and Classifications
- Create Price lists, Price rules and Coupons
- Configure rules related to inventory and inventory availability in the Global Inventory Visibility application
- Configure Sourcing and Scheduling rules
- Configure the process, tasks, and transactions
- Integrate Sterling Multi-Channel Fulfillment with third party hosts, MHEs, and TMSs.