Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
The Program Manager is responsible for determining the program and project lifecycles; managing project scoping and estimates; and managing project development in an iterative "playback-driven" methodology.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Basic project management knowledge
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Define key differences between BPM and alternative solution approaches
- List the key stages of the BPM Solution Lifecycle
- Describe critical roles and responsibilities in the BPM Solution Lifecycle
- Build accurate BPM project estimates, thorough task plans and efficient team structures
- List key design factors for a BPM project along with relative value and complexity
- Explain how to develop both high-level and detailed project effort estimates
- Roadmap prioritized process opportunities across multiple production release iterations
- Apply best practices for process playback structure and execution within an iteration
- Verify IBM Business Process Manager environment readiness
- Determine approach and resourcing for deployment
- Establish an effective system testing and user acceptance approach for a BPM solution.
- Describe Process Improvement strategies
- Describe the Program Management relationship to Project Management
- Define the key activities in Program Management