IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric is a comprehensive service-oriented architecture (SOA) offering that extends IBM’s Business Process Management (BPM) platform to deliver flexible composite business applications. WebSphere Business Services Fabric builds upon and leverages IBM SOA Foundation products including WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Integration Developer, and WebSphere Services Registry and Repository.
The integration developer uses IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric V6 to assemble and manage modular and flexible composite business applications. These composite business applications are assembled from business services, which represent policy-driven, reusable business-level building blocks that are customized based on business and user context. The integration developer uses Business Services Composition Studio, a plug-in to WebSphere Integration Developer, to assemble business services, create business policies, and simulate dynamic assembly of business services. The integration developer also uses the Unit Test Environment to execute and test business services. The integration developer may also be responsible for developing a solution based on one of the Industry Content Packs.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Basic knowledge of SOA
- Good understanding of business solutions and the business environment
- Knowledge of application components and services, and the ability to implement their efficient collaboration at run time
- Understanding of different data sources, and data access issues such as transactions
- Familiarity with the Java programming language and J2EE Web services
- Some experience with WebSphere Process Server V6, WebSphere Integration Developer V6
- Some knowledge of WebSphere Services Registry and Repository
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of using IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- Describe how IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric builds upon WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Integration
- Define business services and composite business applications (CBA)
- Explain how IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric supports the Model, Assemble, Deploy, Manage and Govern life cycle.
- Leverage the Dynamic Assembler to create policy-driven business services to provide customized business functionality
- Use the WebSphere Business Services Fabric tools and Unit Test Environment to assemble and manage modular and flexible
- Composite business applications
- Provide faster process change using business policies and metadata that is easier to understand and modify
- Extend an ontology and create assertions
- Describe the governance capabilities in IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric and how it works in conjunction with IBM
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- Manage and govern the life cycle of business services
- Describe the capabilities of IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric Industry Content Packs