Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
The integration developer is responsible for assembling application components into a complete solution, and preparing this solution for thorough testing and subsequent deployment.
The integration developer enables access to a range of data sources for the general application developers, which may include establishing relational views over federated sources (heterogeneous relational databases, data access layer developer queues, or Web services), writing entity beans to enable correlated access to federated sources, or developing Web services that provide access to federated sources.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Good understanding of business solutions and the business environment
- Knowledge of application components and services, and the ability to implement their efficient collaboration at run time
- Understanding of different data sources, and data access issues such as transactions
- Familiarity with J2EE Web services
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and business value of WebSphere Integration Developer, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, and the service-oriented architecture approach to integration
- Use WebSphere Integration Developer to create business objects, shared interfaces, and business calendars
- Complete business processes using the WebSphere Integration Developer Business Process Choreography tooling
- Use SCA bindings to communicate with a Web service
- Use WebSphere J2EE Connector Architecture (JCA) Adapters to integrate enterprise applications
- Implement interface maps to mediate component interfaces and create business object maps to transform business data
- Implement mediation modules
- Implement a business rule group and edit business rule parameters at run time
- Implement human tasks in a business process
- Create and run a component test project and use the WebSphere Integration Developer debugger to step through breakpoints in an application
- Collect Common Event Infrastructure events and view them using the Common Base Event browser