IBM Power Systems with IBM i Special Promotion: Free workshops and technical events
You can register for Education vouchers with selected IBM Power Systems and IBM i operating systems
Education Entitlements associated with IBM i operating systems
When one of the following systems is purchased with IBM i operating system (formerly i5/OS), you are entitled to vouchers(s) that can be used to attend selected Power System and IBM i workshops and technical events designed to help you get the most out of your new system.
Vouchers are designed to help you more fully understand and use the advanced features and capabilities of IBM i. Vouchers are only available with selected new Power Systems servers. Vouchers are not available with system upgrades.
Click here to for a list of eligible systems.
Eligible IBM Lab Services Workshops include:
- Advanced SQL and data centric programming Learn how to use advanced SQL features and syntax that can be leveraged from any programming language that supports SQL. Learn about advanced SQL DDL (Data Definition Language) features such as identity columns and constraints that enable data centric programming. Learn how to take your SQL reports and query definitions to the next level with views, common table expressions, and OLAP (On-Line Analytical Processing) specifications. Learn how to use SQL procedurally with user-defined functions, triggers, and advanced stored procedures. Includes a review of set-at-a-time processing and the concepts of SQL DDL, DML and PSM.
- SQL performance monitoring, analysis and tuning Learn the information, tools and strategies for monitoring, analyzing and tuning IBM DB2 for i Structured Query Language (SQL). Explore the science and art behind the DB2 for i query optimizer and database engine, including database performance and scalability. Discuss performance issues affecting database design and data centric applications. Get hands on experience with database performance parameters and options, as well as the various tools that assist in performance monitoring, analysis and tuning. Knowledge and skill gained by attending this course are considered critical success factors when building and deploying SQL based solutions.
- VIOS with IBM i and External Storage Through lecture and hands-on lab activities, students will learn the key concepts needed to install and configure VIOS partitions and to configure IBM i partitions so they can be hosted by VIOS using external storage. Instruction on the management, operations and maintenance of VIOS partitions will also be provided.
- Storwize V7000 and IBM i Storwize V7000 & IBM i are becoming a very popular solution for customers as they move into external drives from internal or existing external to the V7000. This 2 day workshop, through lecture and lab, will cover V7000 hardware, logical configuration and connectivity to IBM i via VIOS or native connections along with IBM i PowerHA options utilizing the V7000. This workshop can be taken in conjunction with the VIOS with IBM i and External Storage Workshop.
- IBM System Storage DS8000 attached to IBM i This workshop introduces students to the IBM System Storage DS8000 architecture, capabilities, and implementation with special emphasis on design considerations for attachment to an IBM i server. The workshop is structured into several main sections: DS8000 overview and hardware components, virtualization process, Copy Services functions, business continuity solutions, and advanced topics. The material includes lab exercises that outline a step-by-step approach to present logical volumes to an IBM i server.
For more information on available workshops, schedules, and enrollment instructions Click here
IBM technical events are an exciting, efficient way to advance your skills and gain ground on your key initiatives. Every year, IBM brings together leading-edge thinkers, technology gurus and business experts for more than 30 technical universities and seminars worldwide.
Driven by a vast network of analyst research, IBM global events can help make the difference between success and failure in your business. We deliver the answers you need, when you need them.
For a list of upcoming technical events eligible for i voucher tuition savings Click here.
Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion and cannot be used to attend Global Training Provider (GTP) classes.