World-class training from IBM – at your location
With on-site training from IBM, it’s easy to ensure that your team has the right skills to maximize your technology investment.
If you’ve got several people to train in the same technology, or you need training customized for a non-standard technology deployment, there’s no need to travel for the training you need. Our on-site training option brings world-class IBM training to your site or a convenient nearby location.
On-site training saves money by eliminating travel and hotel expenses. You also enjoy greater flexibility and more control, factors that can provide stronger results.
Our private/on-site training offerings include:
You get the same top-quality education we offer in our own classrooms — at a much lower cost. Simply complete the following no-obligation form to get a quote:
- You get the greatest course selection, with more than a thousand courses to choose from, covering systems, software and industry technologies.
- You choose the best time to learn for your team, even evenings or weekends.
- You get the right fit, with courses delivered off-the-shelf or customized.
- You control your costs; with pricing based on class size, duration and complexity.
- You get superior planning support, including online training paths to help design your training, and access to content experts who can answer your questions and help you achieve the highest value for your training dollars.
- Your team gains the specific job skills they need, reinforced via hands-on labs to maximize the learning experience.
- You can tap serious IBM brainpower, through expert instructors who excel at delivering maximum skills in the allotted time.
Q: How does on-site training work?
A: Training can consist of one course or a training program incorporating multiple courses. Each course can be delivered as a standard offering or customized by deleting or reorganizing selected content. You can even combine components from a number of classes together.
Q: What's the typical class size?
A: No matter what size group you need to train, we'll develop a solution that fits your needs perfectly. The fee will vary based on class size, duration and complexity.
Q: How does IBM prepare its instructors?
A: Our instructors are experts in the subject matter they teach, and many are certified in their chosen product or technology area. In addition, they must go through a rigorous process to hone their teaching skills. This process includes supervised practice teaching.
Q: How much lab time will we get?
A: This varies by class, but many classes have labs that cover about 50% of the course time.
Q: Does the instructor set up the class hardware?
A: As a general rule, no. If IBM provides hardware for a class, it will be preloaded with the appropriate software. We ask each customer to unpack the equipment, set it up in the classroom and power it on. By having you check out the equipment a few days prior to a class, we can replace any damaged equipment in time.
Tell us what you need Fill out our on-site training request form and we'll help you sort through the important questions, including:
- How many employees will attend, and what are their job roles?
- What is the technical background of the participants?
- What activities/projects will the training support?
- What future initiatives must the training consider?
- What date and time works best for everyone?
- Do you have the right hardware on-site to run your labs?
- Do you have the right space to hold the class?
Get the right learning solution We can help you determine which courses best meet your objectives, from 1,000 courses and 40 curriculum areas in our course catalog. We can also help you decide whether you need to tailor courses or use a standard offering. Simply tell us:
- Does the structure of existing course(s) work well for your team?
- What topics should be added from other courses or curriculums?
- What topics would not interest your participants?
Relax Your IBM class administrator will handle all the details. We'll have all necessary course materials and equipment at your door prior to the start of class. With IBM, it's all about total peace of mind — and total training excellence.