Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
The business analyst is a line-of-business departmental expert who bridges the gap between the technical team and business team during the implementation of a decision management solution.
The business analyst collaborates with business experts to model the business domain, create business use cases, define the business rule vocabulary, and manage decisions based on business rules and events. Business analysts also work with developers to design decision management solutions, author and test business and event rules, and implement decision governance processes.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
- A basic understanding of business models
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Management solution, and the collaboration that is required between the business and development teams
- Identify the key user roles that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision Management project, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Explain modeling concepts and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) notation related to modeling for business rules and events
- Define and implement object models for business rules and event rules
- Use best practices to discover and analyze business rules for implementation
- Set up the rule authoring environment in Designer by working with rule and event projects, ruleflows, and synchronization across development and business environments
- Customize the vocabulary that is used in rules
- Use the Operational Decision Management rule editors to author business rules, decision tables and event rules
- Run tests and simulations in Decision Center and Business Space to validate decision logic and rule changes
- Use various Decision Center features that support project management, such as permission management, version control, smart folders and multiple release management
- Explain governance issues and identify Operational Decision Management features that support decision governance and lifecycle management