Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
The business analyst is a line-of-business departmental expert who bridges the gap between the technical team and business team during the implementation of a decision management solution.
The business analyst collaborates with business experts to model the business domain, create business use cases, define the business rule vocabulary, and manage decisions based on business rules and events. Business analysts also work with developers to design decision management solutions, author and test business and event rules, and implement decision governance processes.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
- Basic understanding of business models
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of implementing an operational decision management solution, and the collaboration that is required between the business and development teams
- Identify the key user roles involved in a decision management project, and the tasks associated with each role
- Explain modeling concepts and Unified Modeling Language (UML) notation related to modeling for business rules
- Define and implement a Business Object Model (BOM) based on use cases and class diagrams
- Formulate business policies as rule statements using rule discovery and analysis best practices
- Set up the rule authoring environment by working with rule projects, ruleflows, and synchronization between development and business environments
- Use WebSphere Operational Decision Management rule editors to author business rules using the vocabulary associated with the underlying BOM
- Develop appropriate c