|Listpris||Set by Partner|
In this course you will learn advanced Tivoli Storage Manager Options. You will be confronted with extreme situation and will learn to handle special situations.
- Which User-IDs you need ( DB2, TSM Admin, ...) and rights; password handling ?
- Naming conventions / where are what infos: TSM instance, Active Directory entries, logs for DB2 / TSM, active log, archive log, ... add'tl security for TSM - what can you do that ? HADR or HACMP ? Waht shoub be preferred ? ""HandCluster"", mirrored file systems, what should be mirrored, DB , archieve, what else ? LVM or better HACMP ?
- TSM Disaster Recovery: configuration / verification of API interface (option files) How to backup/restore TSM DB via API interface, Manual installation of API; important points.
- Special situations: active and archive log directories are full move TSM DB to a new directory, if no remove of TSM DB volume is possible reduce DB or LOG is not possible stop DB2 reorg
- Increase, reduce TSM DB / Log
- 6. several TSM instances on one system what environment do you need naming conventions
- 7. Uninstall / TSM / DB instance / DB2
- 8. TSM 6.1 in a cluster environment
- 9. spec. DB2 commands for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM Wiki: After installing and configuring Tivoli Storage Manager 6.1, you should seldom need to issue DB2 commands. This part describes a limited set of DB2 commands that you might have reason to use.)
- 10. Interfaces: ODBC operational Reporting (Version 5.5) reporting and monitoring (e.g. use a existing DB2 installation, check the collection runs.