When you take an online course, do you miss the benefits of being in a classroom: live instruction, hands-on labs and group interaction? Now you don't have to. IBM offers our most popular courses in a format we call instructor-led online (ILO). You get the benefits of being in a classroom, with the convenience and cost savings of online training.
How instructor-led online training works
Instructor-led online courses (ILO) are taught by a live instructor on a specific day and time. Most courses are exactly the same as their classroom equivalent, including the course duration, content and student materials. Here is what you need to know:
- You receive the course materials in advance
- To participate on the day of the class, all you need is a broadband Internet connection. This allows you to connect to a virtual classroom where you can interact directly with the instructor and your peers.
Request for private class
If your team is geographically dispersed you can also request that our instructor-led online format be delivered as a private class for your company. This is very cost-effective, minimises travel, and enables you to receive training customised to your unique needs - delivered to multiple locations simultaneously.
Benefits of instructor-led online training
- No travel costs or travel time
- Same content as in the classroom version of the course
- Live instructor with whom you can interact and ask questions using Voice Over IP (VOIP)
- Modest connectivity requirements let you participate from anywhere
- Thin client implementation for easy system preparation
- Hands-on labs reinforce concepts learned
- Some classes may be scheduled after business hours to minimize time away from work
- Purchase with an IBM Education Pack and gain additional savings
Learn more about instructor-led online courses
- Click here to view instructor-led online courses. Use the drop-down menu to see just the curriculum areas that interest you
- Check out our WebSphere ILO offerings!
View all of the ILO course offerings