ESI Commodity is the main application in ESI. It allows registered and approved suppliers to conduct business with IBM, via the council coordinator.
The registration cycle starts when an IBM coordinator asks ESI to include a supplier and a supplier coordinator, register them with one or more councils and later approve them. Once approved, this supplier coordinator can register and approve other people and delegate ESI functions to them.
Transactions done with IBM via the registered councils are all logged and kept for future reference and for audit purposes.
- It is a on-demand web based application
- Enhances communication and collaboration between IBM and its partners
- Enables IBM to securely exchange any type of business, engineering and workflow data between suppliers, partners and contract manufacturers
- Single and multi company forms
- Hybrid storage architecture (Domino and DB2)
- Dynamic architecture provides ability add new function at a low cost
- Common web interface for IBMers and non-IBM users
- IBM and supplier users access ESI outside the firewall and authenticate against Web Identity (WI) directory
- Data retention controls, providing a single point of information retention for auditability
- It is deployed in AHE environment
- Integrates with eXplore back end system for part data
- Interfaces with Part Number Data Base / Part Number Ref Tool
- Interfaces with DPL (denied party list)
- Interfaces with third party reporting tools (i.e. Brio)
You may find additional information in the following pages:
ESI Overview page