IBM Certified System Administrator - PureApplication System V1.1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 01/31/2015. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - PureApplication System V2.0
This intermediate level certification targets system administrators who configure, operate, secure, monitor, and maintain IBM PureApplication System V1.1.
These system administrators perform initial set-up and day-to-day administration of the system, such as setting up the network configuration, cloud environment, shared services, user administration and access control. These administrators also monitor system and workload resources; integrate with enterprise monitoring; perform maintenance, backup and restore; and configure disaster recovery.
These system administrators are expected to be generally self-sufficient and be able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, or vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - PureApplication System V1.1 certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To prepare for the test, it is recommended to refer to the job role description and recommended prerequisite skills, and click the link to the test below to refer to the test objectives and the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. For skills measured on the test, and how to acquire them, refer to the Test Objectives and Test Preparation tabs.)
- cloud computing principles including infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS).
- virtualized environments such as VMware ESXi & IBM PowerVM.
- system monitoring.
- networking and storage concepts.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.