Job Role Description / Target Audience
An intermediate level solution designer is an individual with extensive product knowledge who understands how to use the IBM Rational Functional Tester tool to develop robust automated tests through the recording, playback, and evaluation of test results.
IBM Rational Functional Tester is IBM-s solution for automated testing of Java, Web-based, Siebel 7.7, VS.NET Windows Forms, Base Win32, 3270, VT100 and 5250 applications on Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms.
- It helps testers increase the thoroughness, accuracy and extensibility of automated test scripts
- It helps project managers apply automation tools to test planning and results analysis for accurate and up-to-date test status
- It helps testers and developers Leverage a common development IDE to achieve better team collaboration
It is expected that this solution designer will be generally self-sufficient and able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Designer - IBM Rational Functional Tester for Java certification, candidate must pass 1 test.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Some experience with Java programming:
- Understanding of how to develop modular tests
- Understating of how to leverage verification points to verify expected results
- Ability to evaluate test result logs and investigate and document failures
- Understand of how to handle dynamic data in automated tests
- Understanding of how to leverage external datasets for automated testing
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.