IBM Certified Application Developer - Developing with IBM Enterprise PL/I
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2016.
The IBM PL/I Developer has an in-depth understanding of the IBM PL/I language and the IBM PL/I syntax and semantics and has the technical and communication skills to advise people. He/she has a high level of proficiency in developing complex, production-level applications using IBM PL/I technology and is responsible for designing the application. He/she monitors and reviews the work to ensure the specifications are implemented as intended. He/she has the breadth of knowledge of the best practices for implementing a design to end up with a result that is efficient, maintainable, secure, stable and understands the resource issues associated with an application (developing, executing, and maintaining the code).
To attain the IBM Certified Application Developer - Developing with IBM Enterprise PL/I certification, candidates must pass one test.
To prepare for this test, follow the link in the Requirements section below and refer to the training resources identified. An assessment test is also accessible from that location.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Demonstrates leadership
- Demonstrates awareness of subsystems and inter-language communication
- Shows sensitivity to enterprise wide issues
- Understands the big picture, not just part of it
- Designs, develops and maintains large scale applications
- Recognizes security issues
- Identifies and solves performance issues
- Communicates effectively to all stakeholders
- Performs complex programming tasks
- Reviews code to ensure high quality
- Several years of experience with 3rd generation procedural languages
- At least 5-6 years of experience with IBM PL/I and 2-3 years as a developer
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.