Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM PL/I Programmer has a good understanding of the fundamentals of the IBM PL/I language syntax and semantics. The programmer is responsible for implementing a specific task whose specifications have been provided. He/she has an understanding of the fundamental aspects of the language syntax, but has in-depth knowledge in only a limited number of technical aspects of the language.
To attain the IBM Certified Application Developer - Programming with IBM Enterprise PL/I certification, candidates must pass one test.
To prepare for this test, follow the link in the Requirements section below and refer to the training resources identified. An assessment test is also accessible from that location.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Is aware of the existence of subsystems and is likely to work in one environment (e.g., AIX, Windows, MVS, z/OS)
- Focuses on a section of application being developed
- Has design skills in the context of implementing the specified logic in the task
- Performs simple to moderately complex programming tasks
- Has in-depth knowledge in selected technical areas
- Works with pieces of large scale applications
- Has experience authoring/editing, compiling, linking and executing IBM PL/I programs (including basic knowledge of the runtime environment)
- Ensures that the code produced is high quality
- Understands how to read code and analyze execution characteristics
- Has a basic understanding of data access and manipulation
- Understands the fundamentals of structured programming
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.