Job Role Description / Target Audience
The successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to professionally design and develop an efficient and scalable DataStage solution to a complex enterprise level business problem; configure a scalable parallel environment including clustered and distributed configurations; collect, report on, and resolve issues identified though key application performance indicators; be proficient in extending the capabilities of the parallel framework using the provided APIs (buildup, wrappers, and components).
The successful candidate:
- Is the primary customer interface looked to for expertise on product usage and functionality.
- Develops and integrates DataStage with schedulers, general infrastructure, and operational environments.
- Works as part of a data integration group supporting data warehouse initiatives.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Design, implement, test, and deploy parallel solutions. DataStage job development, testing, implementation, problem solving/performance tuning, DataStage environment management, ProfileStage analysis, QualityStage rule development, data cleansing, MetaStage metadata management.
- Knowledge of parallel concepts (data collection, data skew, data partitioning, buffers, sorting, aggregation, data collecting), complex algorithm implementations, best practices with regards to naming, deploying, etc. Knowledge of product extension via wrappers and buildops and configuration and setting up configuration files.
- Use of DataStage tools (Administrator, Designer, Manager, UNIX and/or Windows system and resource monitoring Enterprise Scheduling Tools (e.g. CRON, Autosys, Unicenter-), C/C++. Operating system proficiency, ability to construct SQL statements, programming skills in a high level language.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.