Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3 is a person who is responsible for enabling the monitoring of applications and network services, including planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, demonstrating usage, and documenting of solutions.
Key areas of competency include:
- Assess customer-s architecture and solution design documentation.
- Analyze the deployment environment.
- Assist in project plan development.
- Perform basic installations of prerequisite software - for example, the IBM Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure.
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3 features and components.
- Install and configure the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3 components such as Tivoli Enterprise Management Agents (TEMA); Web Response Time (WRT), Robotic Response Time (RRT), Client Response Time (CRT), Internet Service Monitoring (ISM), Application Management Console (AMC), Transaction Collector, and Transaction Reporter.
- Configure data collectors for Transaction Tracking.
- Create Internet Service Monitoring and Application Management Configuration profiles
- Create Rational Performance Tester, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Robot, and custom scripts for deployment of robotic monitoring of an application.
- Enable monitoring of real user transactions.
- Troubleshoot Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required PREREQUISITE SKILLS
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Knowledge of IT process model (i.e. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL))-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of operating systems-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of server hardware-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of system administration of UNIX, Windows or Linux operating systems-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of relational databases-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of ITM V6.2.2 and greater installation, configuration, and administration-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of application monitoring-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of Application Response Measurement (ARM) and Transaction Tracking Application Programming Interface (TTAPI) (concepts-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of robotic script recording with Rational Performance Tester, Rational Functional Tester or Rational Robot-Skill Level 2
- Ability to navigate on z/OS systems-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of IIS, IHS, and WebSphere Application Server-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ, CICS, and IMS-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of ITCAM for SOA, ITCAM for Application Diagnostics, .NET, Netcool OMNIbus, Tivoli Business Service Manager, and Netcool ISM-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of SmartCloud Application Performance Management dashboard-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of WebSEAL-Skill Level 1
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use
product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.