IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics V7.1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics V7.1 is a technical professional responsible for enabling the monitoring of applications, including the planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, demonstrating usage, and documenting of solutions for IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics V7.1.
Key areas of competency include:
- Assess customer-s architecture and solution design documentation.
- Analyze the deployment environment.
- Assist in project plan development.
- Perform basic installations of prerequisite software - IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) V6.22 Fix Pack 1 server, Tivoli Enterprise Portal, and IBM DB2 V9.x, Oracle
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics V7.1 features and components.
- Install and configure the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics V7.1 Tivoli Enterprise Management Agents (TEMA).
- Troubleshoot ITCAM for Application Diagnostics V7.1.
- Enable monitoring of real user transactions.
This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and support resources
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required prerequisite knowledge:
- Working knowledge of operating systems
- General knowledge of server hardware
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles
- Working knowledge of system administration of UNIX, Windows or Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of ITM v6.22 installation, configuration, and administration
- General knowledge of application monitoring
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Application Response Measurement (ARM) concepts
Recommended prerequisite knowledge:
- Working with environment variables: local variables, exported variables, HOME, PATH.
General knowledge of basic editors such as VI, emacs, notepad
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.