IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Service Delivery and Process Automation Solutions V3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 11/30/2015.
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Service Delivery and Process Automation Solution V3 is a person who identifies opportunities and influences direction for IBM IT Service Management solutions within the customer environment and is responsible for educating and influencing key decision makers.
Key areas of competency include:
- Map customer business requirements to IBM IT Service Management solutions.
- Apply governing service management concepts and standards to a customer-s infrastructure.
- Assess ITIL process maturity.
- Assess the environment for IT service management opportunities.
- Align IBM and 3rd party products to IT service management opportunities.
- Assess requirements and create a solution design.
- Describe business/technical advantages of IBM IT Service Management solutions.
- Recommend education opportunities to customer based on the IBM IT Service Management solution.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Working knowledge of IT Asset and Service Management.
- Capability to assess and analyze IT service management maturity according to IBM terminology (based on an IBM IT service management solution).
- Working knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process model.
- Familiarity with IT organization structures.
- Familiarity with key IT Asset and Service Management competitors.
- Conceptual knowledge of IT directory/LDAP functionality.
- Familiarity with key IBM products (WebSphere Application Server, DB2).
- Conceptual knowledge of key infrastructure 3rd party products for example WebLogic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL.
- Conceptual knowledge of various IT Asset and Service Management 3rd party products.
- Familiarity with IBM IT Service Management education offerings.
- Conceptual knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) products.
- Ability to create a business case justification for an IBM Tivoli IT Management solution.
- Working knowledge of Tivoli-s process automation engine.
- Knowledge of these Tivoli products capabilities, high-level features and how users would use the products:
- IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
- IBM Tivoli Application Dependency and Discovery Manager,
- IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager
- Familiarity with
1. IBM Tivoli Integration Composer,
2. IBM Tivoli Asset Discovery for Distributed
3. IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator
4. IBM Tivoli Common Reporting and/or IBM Cognos
- Conceptual understanding of these key Tivoli Operational Management Products:
- IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager,
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring,
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager,
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus,
- IBM Tivoli Business Service Manager,
- IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager
- IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager
- IBM SmartCloud Provisioning
- IBM Service Delivery Manager
- IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Familiarity with IT hardware components.
- Familiarity with return on investment (ROI) calculations.
- Familiarity with IT process analysis methods and techniques.
- Familiarity with international (government and civil) regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, ISO 9000, Australian Privacy Act, etc.).
- ITIL Foundation Level certification.
Skill Level 1: Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill Level 2: Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill Level 3: Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill Level 4: Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.