Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 11/30/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Maximo Asset Management Solutions V3
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Maximo Enterprise Asset Management Solution V2 is a person who identifies opportunities and influences direction for IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution within the customer environment and is responsible for educating and influencing key decision makers.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Key areas of competency include:
- Map customer business requirements to IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution.
- Apply governing asset management concepts and standards to a customer-s asset infrastructure.
- Assess Enterprise Asset Management process maturity.
- Assess the environment for asset and service management opportunities.
- Assess requirements and create a solution design.
- Describe business and technical advantages of IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution.
- Recommend education opportunities to customer based on the IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution.
Required Prerequisite Skills:
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management
- Familiarity with IBM Maximo Asset Management architecture
- Capability to assess and analyze service management maturity according to IBM terminology (based on an IBM Asset Management solution)
- Familiarity with key Enterprise Asset Management competitors
- Familiarity with production, facility and fleet asset life cycle management
- Familiarity with IT directory/LDAP functionality
- Familiarity with key IBM products (WebSphere Application Server, DB2, Tivoli Directory Server)
- Familiarity with key 3rd party products (ESRI, Syclo, WebLogic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL)
- Conceptual knowledge of networking environments, operating systems, relational databases, application environments, key vendor environments (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Create a business case justification for an asset management project.
- Working knowledge of Tivoli-s process automation engine (formerly Maximo Base Services)
- Conceptual understanding of key Enterprise Modules within Maximo: Inventory, Contracts, Procurement, Assets, etc
- Familiarity with hardware components
- Familiarity with IBM Enterprise Asset Management process analysis methods and techniques
- Familiarity with international (government and civil) regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, CFR, HIPAA, ISO 9000, Australian Privacy Act, etc.)
- Familiarity with processes in at least one industry sector
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- 000-001 - Fundamentals of Applying Maximo Enterprise Asset Management Solutions V2