IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 09/30/2014. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Workload Automation V9.2
IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6 is a technical professional responsible for planning, installing, configuring, customizing, troubleshooting, integrating, documenting, and transferring skills for an IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6 solution in a heterogeneous distributed (non z/OS) environment. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Deploying IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6 (TWS).
- Interpreting and implementing user scheduling requirements including event driven workload and dynamic scheduling.
- Configuring the TWS environment (TDWC, XA, database, WebSphere, Plan Management, dynamic environment).
- Maintaining and administering the TWS environment.
- Troubleshooting the TWS environment (configuration errors, performance issues, conflicts with jobs and job streams, issues running jobs and job streams, etc.).
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of project plan development ( architecture, solution design, deployment environment analysis) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of multi-platform systems (such as UNIX and Windows), including user accounts, file systems, and discs. - Skill level 3
- Knowledge of batch scheduling concepts in a production environment. - Skill level 3
- Knowledge of TWS for Applications (SAP, PeopleSoft) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of basic diagnosis of issues with IBM DB2 or Oracle and the WebSphere Application Server. - Skill level 2
1. Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2. Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3. Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4. Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
C2010-569 - IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6 Implementation
- CertMag is running its annual salary survey. We encourage you, as an IBM certified individual, to participate here.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.