IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Directory Server V6.3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 is a person who performs the planning, solution verification, installation, configuration, administration, problem determination, and performance tuning of an IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 (ITDS) implementation. It is expected that this person will be able to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and support.
Key areas of competency:
- Assess customer's architecture and solution design documentation
- Analyze the deployment environments
- Assist in project plan development
- Perform basic installations of the prerequisite applications (DB2, GSKit, WebSphere Application Server)
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Directory Server (ITDS) V6.3 components
- Perform installation and configuration of the IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 client, server, proxy server, and Web Administration Tool
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and perform configuration of IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 for high availability using distributed directory and replication
- Demonstrate the ability to customize the IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 schema
- Develop and implement a backup and recovery (including disaster recovery) plan
- Develop and document a performance maintenance plan
- Troubleshoot basic IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.3 issues using the available tools and product documentation
- Develop a security plan for the directory server (SSL, ACL, port configuration, password policy, attribute level encryption)
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Working knowledge of supported ITDS V6.3 server operating systems (AIX, Solaris, Windows, and Linux) including administration
- Working knowledge of update management for ITDS V6.3 component and requisite software
- Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of LDAP
- Working knowledge of DB2 (including administrative skills)
- Working knowledge of system administration for user account management
- Basic understanding of load balancing and failover
- Basic knowledge of ITDS V6.3 proxies and distributed directories
- Basic knowledge of WebSphere Application Server
- Basic knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and SSL/TLS
In addition, experience in the following areas is highly recommended:
- Basic knowledge of supported ITDS V6.3 server operating systems
- Basic knowledge of operating system maintenance (fixes, patches, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of GSKit user interface
- Basic knowledge of IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.