Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Asset Management for IT V7.2.1 is a technical professional responsible for configuring asset life cycle management of an IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT V7.2.1 solution. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key areas of competency:
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT V7.2.1 architecture and components.
- Configure the asset life cycle management (hardware/software) including inventory, assets, licenses, contracts, deployed assets, purchasing, resources, work management, reconciliation, software auditing, service requests.
- Perform problem determination and basic performance tuning for an IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT V7.2.1 solution.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required Prerequisite Skills
- Advanced working skill/knowledge of IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT V7.2.1 infrastructure components
- Advanced skill/knowledge in IT asset management lifecycle
- Working skill/knowledge of operating systems, networking, and firewall concepts
- Basic skill/knowledge of XML
- Basic skill/knowledge of the Integration Composer
- Basic skill/knowledge of databases such as DB2 and Oracle
- Basic skill/knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption, system user accounts, directory servers)
- Basic skill/knowledge of protocols including HTTP, SNTP and LDAP
- Basic skill/knowledge of the ITIL roles for V2 or V3
- Working skill/knowledge of application servers (WebSphere Application Server and WebLogic Server)
- Basic skill/knowledge of discovery tools
- Working skill/knowledge of the Software Knowledge Base Toolkit.
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Test 000-017 - Foundations of Tivoli Process Automation Engine
- Test 000-035 - IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT V7.2.1 Implementation