Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 is an individual who performs the planning, solution verification, installation, configuration, administration, problem determination, customization, product upgrade, product demonstration, and documentation of an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 implementation. It is expected that this person will be able to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Key Areas of Competency
- Assess customer's architecture and solution design documentation.
- Analyze the deployment environments.
- Assist in project plan development.
- Describe IBM Tivoli Storage Manager's features, functions and benefits.
- Identify the customer's requirements.
- Apply design concepts for an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager solution to a customer-s environment, including selecting the appropriate TSM products.
- Install and configure TSM server and clients.
- Install Tivoli Storage Manager and management components.
- Define storage devices in TSM.
- Define storage pools and add storage pool volumes.
- Define policy and schedules for client data backup.
- Perform initial performance tuning and assessment.
- Perform problem determination and root cause analysis.
- Configure enhanced security in TSM.
- Schedule server maintenance including database and storage pool backups.
Set up and configure Disaster Recovery Management.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 exam applies to heterogeneous environments. Tivoli Storage Manager competency is primarily platform independent. Candidates MUST have background experience sufficient to prepare for training and testing on storage solutions. The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Knowledge of backup methodologies (full, incremental, differential, image, progressive, on-site, off-site, etc.) -Skill level 3
- Knowledge of storage device technology (optical, disk, Virtual Tape Library, tape, NAS, etc.)-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts, primarily Windows and UNIX-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of virtualization methodologies and concepts-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of networking concepts (LAN, WAN, SAN)-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of 7 tiers of disaster recovery-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of encryption techniques-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of hardware (server, CPU, memory, etc.) for determining system requirements-Skill level 1
- Knowledge of operating system maintenance (fixes, patches)- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of scripting skills (automation, TSM macros etc.)-Skill level 1
- Knowledge of the applications being backed up- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of bare machine recovery methods- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of Snapshot technologies- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of DB2 concepts-Skill level 1
Skill Level 1: Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill Level 2: Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill Level 3: Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill Level 4: Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.