IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 is a technical professional responsible for the planning, installing, configuring, administering, performance tuning, problem determination and documenting of solutions for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key Areas of Competency:
· Describe the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 architecture and components
· Plan and design an IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 solution based on customer requirements/environment
· Install and configure prerequisites to IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
· Install and configure IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4infrastructure components (probes, gateways, desktops including Web GUI, process control, accelerated event notification (AEN), IPV6 configuration, automated failover and failback).
· Use various interfaces to configure and administer the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 environment
Perform performance tuning and problem determination for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of network management, server, and application monitoring- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of operating system (UNIX, Linux & Windows), networking and firewall concepts- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of security (SSL, system user accounts)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of SQL (including procedures)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of scripting languages (shell scripting, Rules files, regular expressions, PERL, batch)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of protocols including TCP/IP, SNMP- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of operating system utilities (ftp, telnet, sftp, ssh, text editor)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of help desk and database systems- Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of html, cgi, Java and xml-Skill Level 2
- Skill Level 1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
- Skill Level 2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
- Skill Level 3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
- Skill Level 4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.