IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Monitoring V6.3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 is a technical professional responsible for planning, installation, configuration, initial administration, and problem determination of an IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 solution. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key areas of competency:
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 architecture and components.
- Plan and design an IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 solution based on customer requirements/environment.
- Install and configure prerequisites to IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3.
- Install and configure IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 infrastructure components.
- Use various interfaces to configure and administer the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 environment.
- Perform problem determination for IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required PREREQUISITE SKILLS :
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Knowledge of Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agents (TEMA)- Skill Level 3
- Knowledge of OS, networking, and firewall concepts- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of supported databases and ODBC- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of problem determination- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of the Agent Builder- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of the enterprise wide monitoring capabilities of IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 - Skill Level 3
- Knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption, GS Kit, system user accounts)- Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of protocols including HTTP, LDAP, and SOAP- Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of shell and scripting- Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of XML- Skill Level 1
Skill Level 1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill Level 2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill Level 3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill Level 4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.