IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 implementation is a technical professional responsible for planning, installation, configuration, initial administration, and problem determination of an IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 solution. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key areas of competency:
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Fix Pack 2 architecture and components.
- Plan and design an IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Fix Pack 2 solution based on customer requirements/environment.
- Install and configure prerequisites to IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Fix Pack 2.
- Install and configure IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Fix Pack 2 infrastructure components.
- Use various interfaces to configure and administer the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Fix Pack 2 environment.
- Perform problem determination for IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Fix Pack 2.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required Prerequisite Skills
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Strong working knowledge of IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 FIX PACK 2 infrastructure components
- Working knowledge of OS, networking, and firewall concepts
- Working knowledge of problem determination
- Working knowledge of planning and installing IBM Tivoli Monitoring fix packs
- Working knowledge of Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agents (TEMA)
- Working knowledge of the Agent Builder
- Basic knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption, GS Kit, system user accounts)
- Working knowledge of supported databases and ODBC
- Basic knowledge of the enterprise wide monitoring capabilities of IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 FIX PACK 2
- Basic knowledge of protocols including HTTP, LDAP, and SOAP
In addition, experience in the following areas is highly recommended:
- Basic knowledge of shell and scripting
- Basic knowledge of XML
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.