Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 01/31/2013. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Specialist - System Storage DS8000 Technical Solutions V3
The IBM Certified Specialist - High-End Disk for Open Systems performs within the high-end disk products in an open systems environment (including Linux on System z but not other mainframe environments). This specialist uses technologies and tools in open systems environments using IBM enterprise disk products and technologies. The candidate should be able to articulate the advantages of IBM enterprise disk solutions, size, design, architect and configure a solution to meet requirements, implement and support solutions, and recommend options for advanced copy functions.
With assistance, the IBM High-End Disk for Open Systems candidate should be able to support solutions, develop migration plans, perform advanced copy functions such as Global Copy, FlashCopy, Remote Mirror, Global Mirror etc., and work comfortably in heterogeneous operating system environments (e.g., mainframe plus open systems)
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Two to three years experience in disk operations in an open systems environment
- Implement a high-end disk storage solution in an open systems environment
- Three to five years experience in a related Information Technology technical support role
- Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- 000-968 - High-End Disk for Open Systems V2