IBM Certified Specialist - High-End Tape Technical Solutions V7
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The High-End Tape technical specialist performs requirements analysis, architecture development/solution design, planning/installation, and basic post installation support for enterprise tape solutions. This specialist takes a consultative approach to support sales, and he or she trains customers and mentors peers in enterprise tape storage technical issues.
This specialist has detailed technical knowledge about IBM high-end tape products, technologies, and solutions, as well as the skills to architect solutions to meet customer requirements. This specialist can describe tape strategy and solutions, the storage industry, the competition, and business trends and directions in detail.
This specialist can perform the following tasks without assistance: articulate the advantages of IBM's enterprise tape solutions; size, design, architect and configure a solution to meet requirements; implement the solution; recommend options for advanced policy management functions
This specialist can perform the following tasks with assistance: develop a migration plan; provide general ongoing support
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Experience in tape technical support within the IBM System z platform
- Knowledgeable in non-System z tape integration
- Experience in related enterprise information technology technical support role
- Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- CertMag is running its annual salary survey. We encourage you, as an IBM certified individual, to participate here.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.