IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V7.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level system administrator is an individual with extensive product knowledge, who is expected to plan, install, and configure the product as well as implement applications, set up distributed queuing, enable appropriate security, administer and operate a queue manager network, enforce organizational and operational standards, perform basic problem determination and implement clustering and publish/subscribe topologies.
It is expected that this system administrator will be generally self-sufficient and be able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Due to the various platforms supported by WebSphere MQ V7.0, this certification is a cross platform certification.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V7.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-374 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the test)
- Working knowledge of WebSphere MQ
- Working knowledge of supported operating systems (e.g., AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, i5/OS, Linux on Intel, Linux on zSeries, z/OS, Windows)
- Good understanding of messaging concepts as they relate to IBM WebSphere MQ
- Basic knowledge of operating WebSphere MQ Explorer
- Basic understanding of JMS concepts
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, SSL, etc.)
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.